Why become a member? ×

RIM Marseer 6 - withdrawn - again..
£1250

andybassdoyle

Crazy stuff, it's up it's down. Well it's up now and needs to go.

Attached is a link to an earlier thread which comprehensively covers the details of the bass, I'll away at the moment and will post up to date pics soon.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/134075-traded-rim-marseer-custom-6/page__hl__rim"]http://basschat.co.u...6/page__hl__rim[/url]

The combination of delanos and aguilar pre really seem to work on this bass. The B is huge, and the playbility is tremendous. Very smooth for a bolt on neck I think and the bass manages to cover lots of tones without ever really losing it's own character. I've used it mainly with a DB751 amp and have been very very happy with how it sounds.

The bass does have a very wide neck. The edges are rolled though so it's actually very comfortable. I have big hands and it's never been an issue for me, for a 35 it actually feels like sightly less I would say.

All in all a terrific bass. Very cool, excellent build quality and component parts (really love the locking tuners, comfortable to play and wear, and most important sounds like a really class modern 6. Smooth, warm, clear and not to hi-fi or fussy like some. I'm a particular fan of the smooth treble that the bass produces - even boosted with the pre it never get's harsh or brittle.

Bass comes with a hardcase and I will ship it internationally at your risk and cost. It's in Norwich and you are welcome to come and try it out together with light refreshments and bass banter.

There has been a lot of feedback on this bass as it's made it's way around the forum in the last few years and as far as I can see all of it has been good. I would agree in that this is a terrific and quite unusual instrument, I think its travel is only really down to GAS and the fact that many of us tend to move the gear we are not using in favour of new stuff that we (think) need.

Cheers folks,

ABD

Edited by andybassdoyle

It "only" has 6 strings though ;p

[quote name='binky_bass' timestamp='1371410613' post='2113572']
I would love this beast, it's exactlyy type of bass and would sit proudly in my collection, alas I think it will probably not be mine :(
[/quote]

Thanks guys. You are right Haz, this bass does need a home. The main motivation behind moving this is that I really don't want it hanging on my wall not getting played - cliche - it really does deserve better!

Anyway, hopefully all pms are replied to. Thanks to all for your trade offers, keep em coming - really looking for some kind of superjazz....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

edited to add actual contribution:

just so I'm clear, this is a really good bass. It's got a Roscoe-like neck, B-string, and 'massive attack' :P That's because it was made for a guy who is really into Roscoes. For those who don't know, Roscoes have the some of the best necks you can have on a six, and a really girthy (is that even a word?), BIG tone. I really hate basses with tiny tone, or 'tiny HUGE tone' - you know how a single piano can be really loud, and the entire string section ... isn't? P-basses have that big BIG tone, none of that tiny HUGE tone nonsense that you can have in a modern bass.

So, I've been buying and playing basses with lots of attack and naturally big voice last what, five years? This is one of the best I've had. Are my current sixes better for me? Sure, but they cost me a LOT more than Andy's asking for this. I don't think this bass had the sweetest voice though? So it's more Fodera or Roscoe than Ken Lawrence or Ken Smith, if that makes any sense. And it sure as ship isn't as sizzly and grindy as my MTDs are. (the MTD highs are defo an acquired taste. Youtube has plenty of that stuff for those interested)

That reminds me, even tho talking about music is like dancing about architecture, do we have a 'generalities about boutique basses' thread here? We should have one.

I have the perfect pre for this bass that's still unused. Wink Wink! ;)

In fact, I think this bass would be perfect with the Pope Flexcore as well, but those are really dear. (Can't stand that Aguilar tone)

In a prefect world, I'd still own this bass.

Edited by nobody's prefect