Why become a member? ×

Stage Appearance

bonzodog

Glad its just not me then.......Since I posted this, I went to a showcase gig last night and watched 5 bands play. It was only the first band who were all 17 year olds, that bothered to dress like a band and looked really cool. All the other bands of ages 25-50 wore normal clothes and didn't look interested, which I found hard to believe as it was a showcase. No surprise the young band got all the attention. I also agree on disliking music between songs, especially as I do a lot of the talking to the audience which is hard when you have some toss pot on rhythm guitar playing metallica in-between songs when we are not even a metal band

[quote name='iceonaboy' timestamp='1370527946' post='2102246']
My gripe is noise between songs. Our guitarist has some kind of compulsory disorder where , even after hours of exhausting rehearsals, he still has to play parts of the song before we start, giving away whats coming and sounding dreadfully unprofessional. Our drummer also has some kind of urge to rehearse triplets in between songs. This turns into a cacophony of mess, which annoys the f*** out of me. You never hear a professional band doing this and its the biggest disappointment I have with my band :angry:
[/quote]

Ooh, this is awful. Would it jeopardise your position in the band if you were to give one or both of 'em a slap?!

BB

[quote name='bonzodog' timestamp='1370427456' post='2100571']
BTW I am not writing in continuous lines for a reason, my post wont let me start a new line or paragraph for some reason!!
[/quote]

In the new IE the page has to be in compatiblilty view.
I had a problem to when running Windows 8 in desktop mode.

As far as I am aware there should be a turn page icon in the left of the address bar, if its in blue then typing should be fine, if not give it a click and it'll turn blue ( or of course visa versa)
If not google how to change it( I'm sure that's how it works though)

OT thouggh.
As a band we have a proffessional attitude. Sound checks are quick, setup is quick and tidy and we always leave gear bags and gear in a safe room at the venue.

[quote name='thebrig' timestamp='1370541115' post='2102464']
BTW [i]I am not writing in continuous lines for a reason, my post wont let me start a new line or paragraph for some reason!![/i] I thought I had a problem with my computer, as I have the same problem, if I want to start new paragraphs, I have to first write in "notepad" and copy and paste into Basschat. So is this a common problem with Basschat users, or is it my computer?
[/quote]

try changing the 'edit mode' icon, top left of reply box.

it worked for me, through luck rather than any level of IT skill.

woop, there we go again - another line!

thank you please

RK

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1370543759' post='2102517']
Surely the whole point of playing live is to put on a performance? Otherwise you might as well just have a DJ instead.
[/quote]

Absolutely.

No point complaining the crowd never moves if you won't.