Why become a member? ×

Upright bass dep required

slobluesine

anyone in the cambridge area interested.... please email Michael Kilpatrick... [email protected]

There are a a couple of pieces with bass solos and we do a variety of Ellington from mid-1930s through to the 1960s. I need a double bass (not
electric) who can read and use chord charts, to accompany the 17-piece big band. All the music is authentic and original Ellington (I work with his original manuscripts which are studiable at the Smithsonian in Washington DC) and so my band has a fairly unique repertoire amongst big bands.

[url="http://www.harmonyinharlem.co.uk/"]http://www.harmonyinharlem.co.uk/[/url]

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1370288270' post='2098725']
What a fab gig. Great tunes and arrangements from the best!
Too far away for me.
[/quote]

+1

When is the gig? Are there any rehearsals prior to the gig or just show up and play?

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1370366065' post='2099821']
I might be able to do this, but I'm not going to contact Michael to ask him when the gig is. I think at the very least you have to give us the date, so that we don't waste his or our time.
[/quote]

up to you pal, do you want the 'gigs' or not? yep :o there might be more than just the 'one dep' but you will never know unless..... :)

Edited by slobluesine

• 1 month later...