Why become a member? ×

Two Basses from Czech Republic

Two Basses

[size=5][color=#555555][b]Two Basses[/b] - band from Czech Republic - released the new EP [b]Common areas[/b]. [/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#555555]Check this out at [/color][url="http://www.twobasses.cz/"][color=#444444]www.twobasses.cz[/color][/url][/size]

We are two bassplayers with drummer, sometimes joined with vocalist, hornist or other musician. You can hear bass eruptions of Musicman StingRay, intimate of melodic sob played by Fodera Monarch and sometimes also sounds, seems to born outside of fretboard. Framed by fearless and still well functional drums, our music is ready to carry your mind away. Enjoy our serious themes, practical jokes and all music in between. Enjoy our Common areas.

Edited by Two Basses

The sun is out, and it's far too nice a day to fall out - so we're not going to :)

Welcome in Two Basses. As you might gather from BassTractor, we get a lot of people drop in to promote something and then disappear - so people are wary at times!

Thanks for introducing your band. Stick around and join in :)

Yes, I can agree with your words in the most of it. I wanted to specify me and my music more in the other posts, but you are quickly judging just from the first one. This thread is called Introductions, so I wanted to introduce me by my fresh music project as a start. So just be more patient.
First post was made as it was, could be better, could be worse, but seems to be not written by normal human? That´s the tone what I don´t like, you are right. Please criticise me and my music, but don´t try to introduce me as a businessman.

Edited by Two Basses

[quote name='Two Basses' timestamp='1370007244' post='2095471']
Yes, I can agree with your words in the most of it. I wanted to specify me and my music more in the other posts, but you are quickly judging just from the first one. This thread is called Introductions, so I wanted to introduce me by my fresh music project as a start. So just be more patient.
First post was made as it was, could be better, could be worse, but seems to be not written by normal human? That´s the tone what I don´t like, you are right. Please criticise me and my music, but don´t try to introduce me as a businessman.
[/quote]

If I check yours out, will you check mine? :)

@ Two Basses

I had a listen to one of your album tracks, and watched the Making Of vid on youtube. Sorry but solo bass really isn't my thing, I think the bass is a terrible instrument for soloing. But your music's not bad, some nice ideas and well played for the most part.

OK, I accept your criticism as reasonable, and I apologise for my harshness.
You are right I should not have concluded from one single post, but should have asked questions instead.
I will try to do better, and hope we can start on a fresh page.

Welcome to BC!
I hope you appreciate the site, the exchange of info and the fun banter.

Enjoy!

best,
bert

All right, let's do it better and without wrong emotions.

My name is Zdenek, 37 years old bassplayer from Czech Republic. I was allways trying to fell the bass guitar more than just as background instrument. Did few live solo performances and made three CDs as almost solo bass compositions, named the project Based on Bass. In 2002 I found a similar thinking bassist Tomas. After few sessions we decided try to make a regular two basses project with a drummer. My fellow is from other city than me, so the cooperation is just occasional all the time. But it is still alive and Two Basses band is my the only one project. [u]Common areas is our new EP, released at Two Basses web page for free. I'll be glad if you can check it out, listen the compositions and give me some kind of feedback.[/u]

I'm playing five string basses all the time. Started with some custom pieces, played a long time Spector Euro NS5 then, last few years I'm using Fodera Monarch 5. My favourite amps were Trace Elliot 7210 SM, Ampeg B1R. Now I'm using Markbass LMIII and Soundelirium 12.6 full-range box.

Welcome Two Basses :)

There's only one thing better than a solo bass and that's two solo basses. Well, that's a bass duo, I suppose, but you get my drift.

Very much hope you enjoy the forum. As time progresses, don't be deterred by some of the robust humour you may encounter in respect of bass solo-ing, five strings, or , indeed, anything else.

It's all meant in a friendly spirit and BC is a place where none of us take things too seriously.

Edited by skankdelvar