Why become a member? ×

Where can I find a Pedaltrain Mini ASAP!?

DanEly

So I got my parcel from effectpowersupplies though the door today.
On first inspection I thought that looked just a little bit to small for a pedal train mini..

Well it was. No sign of it. Called them up to be told that it's actually on pre order. I'm not one happy bunny.
I spoke to them on the phone and after pointing out that their website doesn't actually say it's out of stock or has a
pre order style of purchase I just got told it doesn't actually say it's in stock.. Well why doesn't it say its out of stock!?

I looked though their website and found of most item it either explains its in or out of stock. I totally understand
that. But why not tell me after you've taken my money?

Now I'm stuck with out a compact board that I really actually needed for a gig this weekend

[b]So who knows where I can get one?[/b]

Edited by DanEly

Sorry if that sounds bitter and dismissive but I hate it when companies do this sort of stuff; working musicians NEED their gear for rehearsals and gigs. If they can take the time to mark other products out of stock then they should ensure they do it with all products (as this leads the customer to believe it's in stock when it's not... like in your case).

Years ago I ordered a rig from Andertons. Paid for next day courier. Next day arrives, no show. Had to cancel a rehearsal. Next day, no show. Day after, no show. Ended up managing to borrow someone else's amp last minute for a weekend gig. I don't recall the conversations I had with them but it essentially boiled down to "it's in the courier's hands". Haven't bought anything from them since.

And in response to OP:

There's some here being sold through Amazon Marketplace: [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pedaltrain-Mini-Soft-Case-Pedalboard/dp/B002HQOWKE"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pedaltrain-Mini-Soft-Case-Pedalboard/dp/B002HQOWKE[/url]

Could try eBay too.

[quote name='BigBassBob' timestamp='1369083120' post='2084729']
Sorry if that sounds bitter and dismissive but I hate it when companies do this sort of stuff; working musicians NEED their gear for rehearsals and gigs. If they can take the time to mark other products out of stock then they should ensure they do it with all products (as this leads the customer to believe it's in stock when it's not... like in your case).

Years ago I ordered a rig from Andertons. Paid for next day courier. Next day arrives, no show. Had to cancel a rehearsal. Next day, no show. Day after, no show. Ended up managing to borrow someone else's amp last minute for a weekend gig. I don't recall the conversations I had with them but it essentially boiled down to "it's in the courier's hands". Haven't bought anything from them since.
[/quote]
[quote name='BigBassBob' timestamp='1369083274' post='2084730']
And in response to OP:

There's some here being sold through Amazon Marketplace: [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pedaltrain-Mini-Soft-Case-Pedalboard/dp/B002HQOWKE"]http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B002HQOWKE[/url]

Could try eBay too.
[/quote]

I'll give them that the other things I ordered came in good time (really good time) it's just incredibly frustrating when something like this happens.
The power supply and cables I also ordered are pretty much useless without the board.

After bouncing a few emails with them (their responses were top notch) they offered me some alternatives to the PT mini, 2 out of the 3 being more expensive. :huh:

Maybe I was just unlucky.. :unsure:

The PT's on amazon are from a german company unfortunately, thanks for the suggestions though!

[quote name='DanEly' timestamp='1369152206' post='2085519']
I'll give them that the other things I ordered came in good time (really good time) it's just incredibly frustrating when something like this happens.
The power supply and cables I also ordered are pretty much useless without the board.

After bouncing a few emails with them (their responses were top notch) they offered me some alternatives to the PT mini, 2 out of the 3 being more expensive. :huh:

Maybe I was just unlucky.. :unsure:

The PT's on amazon are from a german company unfortunately, thanks for the suggestions though!
[/quote]

Well at least they were nice. I got the impression they'd sort of fobbed you off.