Why become a member? ×

Harrods, Roger Waters and BB. King

timmo

In Harrods yesterday, they had a beautifully cased bass that was owned by Roger Waters and a guitar that BB. King used. The Roger Waters Fender apparently used during The Wall with Pink Floyd was $9995 and the BB. King Epiphone guitar was only £6995.If i had the money i would buy them even if overpriced.If you are ever in London, it is worth a look as they are peices of art the way they are mounted. It is in the millionaires roww in the technology department

[quote name='Junkyard Rocket' timestamp='1369006650' post='2083965']
if they were any good Rog & Riley wouldn't have flogged them off.
[/quote]

Wrong. The guys that put them up for sale would know that the history of them would bump the price up. They will likely get a cut of the sale price.The feel of them might not be right for you or me but their ownership makes them special.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1368971406' post='2083529']
In Harrods yesterday, they had a beautifully cased bass that was owned by Roger Waters and a guitar that BB. King used. The Roger Waters Fender apparently used during The Wall with Pink Floyd was $9995 and the BB. King Epiphone guitar was only £6995.If i had the money i would buy them even if overpriced.If you are ever in London, it is worth a look as they are peices of art the way they are mounted. It is in the millionaires roww in the technology department
[/quote]
only £6995 ........................ Priceless :D

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1368971406' post='2083529']
[/quote]

I took the girls into Harrods earlier in the year and couldn't find the music department.

[quote name='DorsetBlue' timestamp='1369051730' post='2084229']
I took the girls into Harrods earlier in the year and couldn't find the music department.
[/quote] Me thinks the girls found it straight away. They made sure YOU didn't.... you forget, women have an instinct for these places. :ph34r:

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1369057705' post='2084323']
Me thinks the girls found it straight away. They made sure YOU didn't.... you forget, women have an instinct for these places. :ph34r:
[/quote]

The girls both play guitars, so would have been happy to find it too :) . We were knackered by that point though (been in the Natural History Museum most of the day), so didn't search the whole place.