Why become a member? ×

wal pro 1 e bass for sale built in 1979. SOLD..
£1600

customstocker

yeah, the bloke who calls everybody "brother" in wunjo guitars on denmark street coined the phrase ( synthetic ). ive always had that in the back of my mind since . but generally speaking the wals just have no equal , the tone goes higher & lower than any other bass & the shape is quintessentially british ( in the old sense of the word ) so its all good . the wah wah filter in the custom series is probably what the guy was referring to ...but i guess its down to the individual musicians style of playing also , i mean , the bass player from the band "stump" makes noises on his fretless custom that i couldnt get from mine ... & im pretty sure that my custom fretless ( that i sold recently & now really miss playing) would do the same in his hands . cheers

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1370536898' post='2102413']
I'm surprised that there haven't been more offers on this..thought it would have been snapped up within days...just goes to show that the recession is hitting harder than I thought...
[/quote] mick, hi, how do i change my photo on this site? ive just tried it 5 times & it just reverts back to this old one , its driving me nuts , i tried to send basschat a message but the stupid pop up messanger box that never, ever, ever works pops up with loads of sub boxes telling me that this & that are incorrect . im losing my rag with this . please help me . thanks , martin h

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1370997690' post='2108564']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]"less synthetic sound than the custom series but to be honest theres not much in it really[/font][/color]"

Hi good luck in your sale.
i do understand sound is subjective.
BUT...the wal custom is anything other than [color=#282828][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]synthetic[/font][/color].
Even compaired to the 1, 1E, 2 , 2E.
iv been playing my custom for more than 20 years now and its one of the most naturel "woody" sound of all my basses.
before that 20 years i used a wal pro 1 and 2E for years,
[/quote][quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1370997690' post='2108564']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]"less synthetic sound than the custom series but to be honest theres not much in it really[/font][/color]"

Hi good luck in your sale.
i do understand sound is subjective.
BUT...the wal custom is anything other than [color=#282828][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]synthetic[/font][/color].
Even compaired to the 1, 1E, 2 , 2E.
iv been playing my custom for more than 20 years now and its one of the most naturel "woody" sound of all my basses.
before that 20 years i used a wal pro 1 and 2E for years,
[/quote] ellesemere port ?

, as its got a body made from ash , its going to be a little heavier than alder or maple , but this bass is half a kilo lighter than my mk1 custom was, also from wal ,built from mahogany ... a much denser tonewood . which is why i sold the custom first & kept this one til last the custom gave me a bad neck ...I found the pro much more comfy weight-wise .& comparatively speaking its alot lighter than a jazz bass with an ash body as its a little smaller all around , ive got used to it , its really no great issue & the little extra weight is certainly worth the sound that the ash body gives this great instrument . . cheers for looking

Edited by customstocker

• 2 weeks later...

'customstocker'
..but i guess its down to the individual musicians style of playing also , i mean , the bass player from the band "stump" makes noises on his fretless custom that i couldnt get from mine ...

MB1.
Kevin will be pleased...
He also plays a mean saw too.

• 1 month later...