Why become a member? ×

Where to buy decent velcro for pedalboards?

franzbassist

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1368618000' post='2079186']
:lol:

I was thinking about using a bigger bit so they struggle to get out the chair & see the panic on their face. But that would be equally as humorous.
[/quote]
I like the cut of your jib.....now you have me thinking

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1368345056' post='2075805']
I think this is the one they are referring to, it's the one I've always used and it works great!

[size=4][url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Velcro-Heavy-Duty-Stick-Black-VEL60241/dp/B00186Q9AK"]http://www.amazon.co...1/dp/B00186Q9AK[/url][/size]

[size=4]I also tried pedalboard tape and didn't like it, fine if you don't need to move your pedals otherwise[/size][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4] when you take your pedals off the board the tape remains stuck together and will peel off from your pedals as Plunkrock has mentioned.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

+1 ive just bought a pedal off Pablo, and it has this stuff on the bottom, very very strong i could barley move the pedal, fits my diago great, im off to buy a roll tomorrow :)

Edited by lee650

Never got on with anything self adhesive like that. The velcro has a tendency to move on the pedal, and the glue seems to spread out. Also if the velcro is grippy enough to not move around, it's difficult to remove, so I use stuff like http://www.pedalstuff.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7&zenid=6a0eb27777277e6d30f8cd062b131926

Paul.

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1368474388' post='2077564']
Dan, I've seen your board close up, the reason you don't need heavy duty Velcro is because its big enough to have its own gravitational field. I'm pretty sure it was attracting all nearby pedals into its orbit!
[/quote]

That's why I have to organise my tours to coincide with the phases of the moon. ;)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1368476431' post='2077603']
Have to say, i have used that velcro before and i found it fairly poor, would be okay for light little pedals but for heavier pedal i dont think it would hold, depends how much of it you use i guess!
[/quote]

You're just not prepping it right. I took this board on tour, nothing budged, the Carl Martin Octa-Switch is not what I would call a light, little pedal...