Why become a member? ×

Would this fit? - Doesn't fit!

MarkG3

Let's get this straight. You have a Mike Dirnt. You want a cover for the pickup?
Ok. If you want the 51 style cover, then no. You want a 51 style bridge cover? No. Won't fit over the Badass.
The upshot is: Covers + Dirnt = non-starter.
You might fit a 57 pickup cover, but it would look horrible.

Yea that's right, have you tried this or something similar? I know the bridge is a tight fit/won't fit however I now have conflicting answers saying they do fit split pups and they don't. I personally think it'll look good with covers hence me asking but if you mean the later version of the cover then it would look weird:D

Edited by OBT1000_S12

Hey mate just tried it, and it does go over the badass but it hangs over the end of the bass slightly. It actually looks pretty cool!
Can't insert pics here if you send me your email ill send a couple through to you. Could even sell you the ashtray if you like!

Well after all that wait, I can confirm that they don't fit :( the pickup one is about half an inch too small and the bridge one as kind of expected doesn't fit, well it does but not properly as about a cm of the back end of the bridge sticks out. So hopefully this will help others to not make the same mistake as me. Thanks to everyone for their input :)

I'll keep the covers for a future project!