Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT-7 PRO: no sound comes out!!!

Rigges

Hi,

any help is appreciated a lot!!!

Today i finally received my hardly used SVT-7 PRO.

Connected it with a new Speakon to Jack. When turning the amp on it took a few seconds and the green light came up and the fan started.

Plugged in my bass in joyful anticipation but i couldn't hear anything!!! No sound comes out!!! :shok:

When hitting the strings the red "Signal" light and the orange "Thresh" light is flickering...

I have absolutely no idea what the problem is. Is there a fallacy or is anything broken?

Aaaaaaaaarghhhhhhh....

Please help!

Thanks
Andy

[attachment=133872:P1090380.JPG]

[attachment=133873:P1090411.JPG]

[attachment=133874:P1090412.JPG]

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1367349735' post='2064594']
Please forgive me but it's something as simple as the mute button being pressed in ??
Apologies but It has to be asked.
B)
[/quote]

Unfortunately not muted.

Also tried another cable and also plugged the bass directly into the Power Amp In - NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

have you tried different a different bass? Plugging the bass directly into the Power Amp in isn't a particularly reliable way to check the power stage - it's expecting a line level signal (+4 dB or thereabouts); your bass on its own won't be putting out anywhere near that. Have you got a separate pre that you can test it with (Sansamp / Tone Hammer etc)?

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1367352869' post='2064663']
have you tried different a different bass? Plugging the bass directly into the Power Amp in isn't a particularly reliable way to check the power stage - it's expecting a line level signal (+4 dB or thereabouts); your bass on its own won't be putting out anywhere near that. Have you got a separate pre that you can test it with (Sansamp / Tone Hammer etc)?
[/quote]

Tried different cables and different basses. Have a SansAmp Bass Driver lying here. What shall i do with it mate?

[quote name='Rigges' timestamp='1367353013' post='2064669']
Tried different cables and different basses. Have a SansAmp Bass Driver lying here. What shall i do with it mate?
[/quote]

Bass into the Sansamp - Sansamp to the 'power amp in' and don't be afraid to turn the level of the Sansamp up past half-way.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1367353168' post='2064674']
Bass into the Sansamp - Sansamp to the 'power amp in' and don't be afraid to turn the level of the Sansamp up past half-way.
[/quote]

Tried it. The only sound i can hear is coming from the amp's fan... <_<