Why become a member? ×

Gallien-Krueger MB200 Bass Amp Head should I or shouldn't I

I'm looking for a low profile amp head that I can plug my headphones into to make practicing a little less annoying for the rest of the family.

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Gallien-Krueger MB200 Bass Amp Head. What you[/font] [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Guys think ?[/font][/size]

The MB200 might be overkill if you just need a headphone amp, but on the other hand they do sound good and are a useful thing to have around. It's actually my only amp head at the moment, which is going to be a temporary situation, but it turns out to be a remarkably useable amp for pub gigging, not just as a practice amp.

Edited by Beer of the Bass

Some questions that you need to answer for yourself, I think:
Are you exclusively going to use it as a headphone amp? Is it overkill? Would you rather buy something cheaper?
Can you live with connecting headphones and aux at the back?

There are many alternatives around. While the MB-200 comes highly regarded for its sound, I'm not sure whether this extends to its headphones output. A search in this BC section could give you the answer.

Me, I contemplated the MB-200, but ended up with the Orange Micro Terror, which is a lot cheaper, and has the connections on the front, but sadly does not spawn the 4-band EQ of the MB-200.

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor