Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVP Pro preamp £300 SOLD SOLD

I'm selling my Ampeg SVP Pro preamp as I have the opportunity to get the pre I have always wanted.

I bought this from our very own Dood and he upgraded it with better, quieter valves, worth £65.

I am selling it for what I bought it for, £300

The pre is immaculate(thanks Dood).

The pre was made in America and is in perfect working order.
Cheers Steve.

Edited by steve-soar

I do understand what you mean actually. I do 'feel' a difference with SS only gear now. We know there's nothing wrong with the SVP.. for a sec, I even thought about buying it back.. along with those Tech cabs and.. and.. and... lol.

I'm getting some good results with my current SS set up though. the word 'immediate' springs to mind when describing the sound.

[quote name='coasterbass' post='209856' date='May 30 2008, 08:48 PM']Noooooooo!!! Don't do it ! You'll be wanting it back in a month! :)[/quote]I can't hear you.

I want what I orginally gassed for last year and it's now available.

What if I don't like it though?

Oh sh*t!!!

[quote name='steve-soar' post='209861' date='May 30 2008, 09:01 PM']I can't hear you.

I want what I orginally gassed for last year and it's now available.

What if I don't like it though?

Oh sh*t!!![/quote]

I bought another M-80 recently... I sold my own one ages ago.. now I have one again, I am wondering why the hell I sold the first one!! lol... it mixes nicely with a sansamp ;o)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='210243' date='May 31 2008, 08:38 PM']No, it's a Philips cryogenic, specially chosen by the Dood. He did the research for the upgrade and then fitted the valves.

Have a look on Watford Valves' website at their spec and properties.[/quote]

thanks