Why become a member? ×

Vampire Weekend

allighatt0r

Their (not so) recent single, [url="http://songza.com/z/et5bcd"]A-Punk[/url] has a bass line that i can't seem to stop humming, i plan to go figure it out and play it until it drives everyone in the house mad.

Anyone else like this song? Or any other notable basslines in the current charts?

My mum sent me a copy of the album a while ago thinking I'd like it. She wasn't wrong either. It took me a few listens but it's pretty similar to a lot of the music my folks listened to when I was growing up, very reggae/African influenced (think Paul Simon's Graceland and later Talking Heads). The bass line itself is pretty similar to a Bouncing Souls line, the chords are A G and D if that helps?

[quote]Anyone else like this song? Or any other notable basslines in the current charts?[/quote]

I'm too old to listen to the current charts - Do they still call it music? In my day, etc, etc...

Ah yes, I remember now - The track! It was sort of catchy, but a little repetitive if I'm honest. How many nano-seconds did it take you to learn the bassline, then?

Edited by OutToPlayJazz