Why become a member? ×

Warwick basses

ead

[quote name='Bill' timestamp='1366843995' post='2058126']
True man! they are the best Warwicks IMO, i own a 1990 Stage I, 23 year's old and still looks and sounds great! nothing beats the tone and feel of it! i also own a thumb bolt-on and its a great bass, but the Stage I's have an edge over most of the warwicks!

Here's a few clip's of her where you can hear the versatile tone!

Melodic improvisation:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq4UlgwoA8Y[/media]

Funk bass and solo
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usEsOeyl9Tw[/media]
[/quote]

Nice! What gauge strings are you using there?

My '91 Dolphin Pro I was fab, if a bit heavy. Way better than the '96 I had. As was the Pro II, which my mate now has; that's a great bass. My '91 Streamer was nice too (px'd that to get the first Dolphin).

Edited by 4000

Hi All,
I have a Warwick Dolphin Pro 1 year 89, gloss black with wenge neck and fretboard. I love it, so light with great tone, still cant believe i picked it up for £750, few scratches on the back but for the price the bargain of a lifetime.

Big Rob

[quote name='Budbear' timestamp='1371955274' post='2120067']
I know they are not known for their passive basses, but these are particular favorites of mine. Thin necks, good weight, very versatile and I got great deals on both.
[/quote]
I never really appreciated the design of the Fortress Flashback when it first launched but now find it quite attractive. I would like to try out a Fortress Masterman five string one day.