Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1964 Hofner 500/1 Violin Bass Exceptional Condition with case SOLD
£1350

johnbiffa

Outstanding McCartney lookalike bass from 1964 in fantastic museum condition almost as new (not even had a strap button inserted on heel)

The original German retailer label remains on the rear of the headstock and the bass comes with the original soft case and leather strap as well as a recent shaped case.

This is the McCartney sound in spades and if you perform Beatles numbers this is undoubtedly the bass for you. The signature deep thump but very clear note articulation. However this is not a "one trick pony" but no good for slapping !

No issues whatsoever and aside from a couple of scatches at top of headstock it is immaculate.

It also has the single piece back which Hofner only fitted between 64 and 65 and is stunning.

Deciding to thin the herd was a hard decision this bass should be played not having occasional use in my home studio.

Looking for 1350 GBP delivered (personally down MI/A1 corridor or NW/NE England) or pick up or meet, i would be reluctant to courier this valuable instrument.

I am aware of the current resell market but at this price it will be a bargain for someone both collector and player.

This was one of Happy Jacks prized possessions and he knows his Hofners, so I have taken the liberty of posting some of his pics as well, I am sure he will understand !

Edited by johnbiffa

If I hadnt picked up the Celinder I would be keeping all 8 basses but it does seem overkill for it to sit in it's case, it is in remarkable condition and sounds great but should be enjoyed by someone and played regularly !