Why become a member? ×

Riverside Bass guitar????????

highwayone

I had one for a while - slightly more shaped body than a Steinberger, strange sculpted pickups. I think they are quite collectable, and great fun for playing around the house but sadly the amplified tone was pathetic. Despite this shortcoming, Dave Pegg played one with Fairport Convention for a time so he must have liked it.

Don't get these confused with Riverhead instruments. The Riverhead Unicorn is a high quality Japanese-made headless bass that owes more than a bit in styling to the Burns Flyte.

IIRC the Riverside headless bass is some nasty PoS that was being flogged off cheap on eBay a while back.

There is also a completely different [url=http://www.riversideguitars.net]Riverside Guitars[/url] based in Bath making what look like very nice vintage guitar copies.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1366492590' post='2053273']
Don't get these confused with Riverhead instruments. The Riverhead Unicorn is a high quality Japanese-made headless bass that owes more than a bit in styling to the Burns Flyte.

IIRC the Riverside headless bass is some nasty PoS that was being flogged off cheap on eBay a while back.

There is also a completely different [url="http://www.riversideguitars.net"]Riverside Guitars[/url] based in Bath making what look like very nice vintage guitar copies.
[/quote]
It seems I was thinking of a Riverhead bass then, it did look like a slimmer Burns Flyte. It was still terrible though.