Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Deadinburgh

SingleFish

Alright, brand new here, thought I'd give it a shot. Live in Edinburgh, been "playing" bass for around 20 years (am 34 now). In several bands - Lords of Bastard, Jackal-Headed Guard of the Dead and Tommy Concrete and the Werewoves. Some of you may detect a heavy metal theme running through these bands, and you'd be right. Massively into stoner rock, doom, and anything with a good bit of bottom-end. The first time I heard distorted bass (Motorhead), I never looked back, and have pretty much always had a distortion, fuzz or overdrive on whenever I play. Currently I'm using a Fender 51 reissue, going through a Turbo Rat, into an oooooold Trace Elliot 250w head (think it's 1972, one of the first solid-state ones they did if I've been informed correctly) and a 1x18, 1x15 cab. It sounds pretty monstrous. Bands I'm into the now are Torche, Big Business (one of the best players I've seen in terms of technique/sound), Russian Circles, Converge, Kyuss, all that good stuff. Anyway, be nice to hear from people into the same sort of tunes - my bands are always up for playing gigs with other folk in different towns, and we're always happy to help out other bands with shows here. Cheers!

Hey man, great taste in music! ;)

I'm in a band just trying to get off the ground up in Dundee, but we don't have as much of scene for this stuff up here (unless they are well hidden from me). Trying to sort out a trip through to capital city to see Bongripper next week!

Anyway, glad to see more doom around, welcome!

G

Haha, funny should say that, I'm one of the promoters putting that on. Should be a great night, Conan are absolutely crushing also. Looking like it should be a busy one, maybe catch you there!

EDIT: And keep us posted with the band; once youse are gig-ready, could maybe do a gigswap.

Edited by SingleFish

Orite ???? I'm not gonna use yer user name as us locals knows what it means. My band are from auld reekie too. Not so much stoner but Tech metal. Search 'The Hollow Earth Collective' its a group of scottish metal bands from all over to help create a bigger scene, there is a doom metal band on there from Edinburgh (i think) check it oot!

Cheers Leen.

Hey Chris, Jacko here (mate of Branagh/Bob Fairfoull/Karen etc) Good to have you on board man.
Have yet to see Tommy Concrete but caught Lords of Bastard a fair few times. Your final Bastards gig at Bannermans was tremendous!
Keep us posted regarding the next TC gig and hopefully I'll catch you there!

Cheers Leen, will check Hollow Earth Collective out, and cheers Jacko - next TC gig is Sat 26th of this month at Studio 24. Between you and me however, that gig might be a "bit quiet", haha - we're playing the Banshee on the 10th May with a cool band called Druganaut. I'd swing by that one if you can ;)