Why become a member? ×

Well weird, well wonderful. Redsub

I bought a new but faulty Redsub BT5110 off ebay the other day (gear4music), it had low distorted output so it was sold as faulty and only cost about £80.00 delivered. I thought it must be worth repairing. It arrived today, plugged it in and when I turned the mute button off - it was well loud. It seems perfectly fine so far. Hopefully I bagged a bargain. I can't understand it, I'm not that lucky!

I'm quite impressed with it. Very versatile and loud. I tried my Mark TVR115 with it as an extension and it sounds great. The room was rattling on number 2. I'm off to rehearsals to try it out in an hour so I will post back how it goes...

[quote name='tonyquipment' timestamp='1366299427' post='2050753']
Cool :)

I heard bad things about red sub ... Are they crap? Or ok??
[/quote]
Red Sub is just Gear4Music's house brand, and the equipment sold with that brand is sourced from various manufacturers inventory probably with little or no input from Gear4Music beyond some cosmetic details. So the brand Red Sub means very little - the quality of the gear is entirely dependent on the quality of the design and manufacture of the factory it's sourced from.

In this particular case the amp comes from the guys that made the Ibanez Promethean and is essentially a clone of that amp. Huge thread right [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/168416-another-promethean-clone"]here[/url].

Just back from rehearsals. I cannot fault the little Redsub. I only used the combo, no extension. Most importantly it sounded really good but it more than kept up with a guitar band and a drummer who is not 'tame'. The volume was on about 2-3. The guy who owns the rehearsal room was very sceptical when he saw it but couldn't believe what it put out. He has run a successful PA company for 30 years or so, so he does know what he is on about. I used to use an Eden Metro 2x10 with an Ashdown 4x10 and for me the Redsub sounded better and cut through everything far more efficiently. The drummer kept on looking at his phone as he thought it was vibrating in his pocket, needless to say it was the bass. I'm well happy! I need another one to run with my Clone Theory!