Why become a member? ×

Overwater J-Series Classic Custom 4 WITHDRAWN!!!
£1295

bassadder

Hi Guys

I selling my Sonic blue J-Series Classic Custom, I have 2 of them and love them both to bits but the music I'm now playing in our wedding/function band has dictated I need to use a 5 string, though I tried to avoid it as long as I can I just can't do it on a 4 string even with a de-tuner. So I need raise funds for a 34" scale J-Series 5 (I have a Yamaha BB5000A I got for a steal which will do for now though it is rather heavy).

Obviously this bass has been gigged a lot and has a few dents and marks I would say it's 7 out of 10 condition wise hence the above price (my red bass is battered to hell and is almost a relic now and I couldn't sell it)

Spec is as follows:-

1 piece seasoned flamed Maple neck.
Rosewood board with Rosewood binding and Mother of Pearl block inlays with Sonic Blue headstock
2 Piece medium weight Alder body in Sonic Blue
Hipshot Ultralite 1/2 Lollipop machine heads and De-tuner
Hipshot B Style bridge in alumimium 19mm spacing
J-Retro Marcus Miller 3 pot circuit with custom flat response
DiMazio Ultra Pickups
Schaller Strap Locks
Hiscox case

RRP on this bass is now £ 2775.00

[b]£ 1295.00[/b] and ONO would be consider trades for a Status SII 5 string 80's bass (the stages are getting smaller and the singer is worried I'll hit him in the face with my head stock)

If you have any questions just let me know.

Many thanks

Laurence

Edited by bassadder

hi laurence,how does circuit differ from j-retro 01.....had one on a geddy lee
wasn't that keen?......did not like sweepable mids.......
also, whats it like regarding the dead spots on g string?

Hi Ebenzer

It's no different from a standard J-Retro 01 in terms of the it looks (though it doesn't have the passive tone like a normal Maruc), the real difference being the way it's voiced I can get the frequency ranges for you if you're interested. The sweepable mids are really useful once you get used to them, as you know every room you play in has different characteristics and when you struggle to hear the bass the mid range pots come to the rescue, it's helped me out dozens of times.

The circuit won't really help with dead spots per say, adding more back pickup and tweaking the mid range helps though.

Hope that helps.

Laurence

• 2 weeks later...