Why become a member? ×

Odd question?

Defo

I dont know if people think this is odd but i have a TH500 head through a SL112 and am almost ready to get a second SL112 but I really would like to add a 1x15 lightweight cab and am wondering whether to do this instead of the 2nd SL112. Any thoughts as to whether this would be a good option and if so which cab?

Many thanks

Andy

If you mix speaker cabs you are entering the unknown...

The combination may sound better or worse than a single speaker cab, so it's a gamble. It's also not that easy to tell in the shop, it would prabably be 3 or 4 gigs in that a particular room suddenly presents you with an issue where having two different cabs means its harder to EQ out the problem.

If you like the sound of your rig, but you just want to shift more air / increase volume, I would just get the same again personally.

Thanks folks, I tried a mark bass lightweight 15 and it was brilliant, I mean really fantastic, but at the same time afterc30 years of playing bass the th500 sl112 is the best sound I have ever had. It may be because I spent years in rock bands where a 15 speaker was the deal, just wondering if anyone out there had cracked a 15 12 combination