Why become a member? ×

"not a Rockbass" Warwick Streamer? (Gumtree)

mcnach

[quote
name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1365882097' post='2045656']
One of the early German budget ranges? - Streamer Standard.

One piece bridge, Carolena body, a precursor to the Rockbass but they were made in Germany - not bad basses really.
[/quote]

really?
wow, you learn something everyday.
I had no idea there was a budget line of Warwick Streamer that were made in Germany. I thought the budget line started with the Rockbass!

You could ask him for a erial number. Then you can check it out on the Warwick web site.

You need also to check out the neck. Warwick made some with a neck like a baseball bat. You may love that, or hate it. But either way, I would want to, know before parting with some hard-earned.

But if it works out to be a good bass, then it's a real cool find.

Yep, Warwick produced this cheap line of slab-bodied Streamers for around a year in 1999/2000, in Germany, but quickly moved production to China and relabelled them as Rockbass. I've heard it claimed that these German ones are slightly higher quality than the RB ones, but I've never been too convinced.

I'd say it's a fair price - no great bargain, but not really overpriced.

I used to have a 4 string version with one pickup, it had a Just a nut 1 and did sound pretty nice. The body wood is pretty soft though so does dent fairly easily. I bought it new for about 420 squids, doesn't compare amazingly to curved wick's really but for the brass it's not too bad.