Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie 1516 FS £200 collected SOLD
£250

Beedster

This is the last of my large Mesa gear to go. It was until recently - and amazingly - my back-up cab (for a rather wonderful period of time I owned not only two of these beauties, but a Mesa Strategy stereo tube power amp, meaning that at 2x200W of Mesa tubes plus the best full-range cabs in the business, I owned the most powerful hi-fi in the home counties)! Mid driver has been replaced, but I forget with what, I'll confirm once I've taken the cab apart tomorrow. Could do with a clean but functionally spot-on, and a monster!

£250 collected for a real man's cab. Can deliver or meet by prior arrangement plus some fuel cash.

C

Edited by Beedster

Funny, when I read this first I thought you said you used TWO of these; but that would be insanity so I won't go there.... can only imagine what that sounded like :gas: . Total giveaway price for such a cab.

Best of luck with the sale.

[quote name='rumour6' timestamp='1365131598' post='2035785']
Funny, when I read this first I thought you said you used TWO of these; but that would be insanity so I won't go there.... can only imagine what that sounded like :gas: . Total giveaway price for such a cab.

Best of luck with the sale.
[/quote]

Ha ha, no, for some reason - although legitimate fear of the potential consequences for my hearing and that of the East Kent population was perhaps high on the list - I never got around to hooking both up to the Strategy at the same time, although we often thought about doing so.

I'd love to know how Dark Side of the Moon would have sounded through that setup!

C

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1365166893' post='2036215']

I'd love to know how Dark Side of the Moon would have sounded through that setup!

C
[/quote]
+1

Now, there's an idea... :D

Would love this cab but age, car and recent house move sadly says 'NO' ..

Good luck with it Chris!

Thanks guys, Nik, hope all's well mate, Gary, you wouldn't get the full stereo through the 400+ mate, you'd need another 400+ as well as the 1516, Steve, I'm near Machynlleth, nothing wrong with copying Macca as long as you have a strong back or an understanding roadie
C

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1365191894' post='2036695']
Thanks guys, Nik, hope all's well mate, Gary, you wouldn't get the full stereo through the 400+ mate, you'd need another 400+ as well as the 1516, Steve, I'm near Machynlleth, nothing wrong with copying Macca as long as you have a strong back or an understanding roadie
C
[/quote]
I'm good thanks Chris! Still suffering too much valve amp GAS but, there you go - nothing new there!

Hope all's well with you and the family in your new home?

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1365266463' post='2037445']
I'm good thanks Chris! Still suffering too much valve amp GAS but, there you go - nothing new there!

Hope all's well with you and the family in your new home?

Nik
[/quote]

Ha ha, know what you mean mate, my VAG (on reflection that's not an acronym I shall be using again) has recently been satisfied by a Mesa Buster 200 combo that I collect tomorrow. I'm sticking with recording over gigging now, but felt I needed some tubes just in case (and of course for the very occasional dusting off of the Precision....).

Just been for a walk up the mountain in the sun with the little one (and number two's due in July) so yes, thanks, rural life is great.

C

Well I'd thought about hanging on to this in case my new mini combo didn't work out, or as an extension cab, but as it happens, the new 'mini combo' - a Bass Buster 200 - is not only about the same size as the 1516 but is also pretty much as good tone wise as well (God bless those wonderful guys at Mesa Boogie). In short, the 1516 will need to go soon, if not sooner. Hit me with sensible offers.....

Chris

£200 collected for a limited period before I go through the hell of ebaying it and explaining to several overseas bass players per day that I cannot post this overseas. Worth mentioning that a couple of BCers have checked out couriers on this and it seems that whilst the going rate is about £60-70 for the big companies, Parcel Monkey will do it for around £30. Of course, going by their online feedback, Parcel Monkey will probably lose it as well, but what do you expect for £30!

C