Why become a member? ×

Metal heads (or not) - thought Bello only played with Fender - Old School Vid

Stance

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1364864728' post='2032033']
I've just had a quick surf around Google and it seems that his Fender didn't sell very well.. And apparently, the Fender model wasn't advertised very well and he was really unhappy bout it.
[/quote]

Ok...

But it would be nice if they could have backed that up with numbers...

I wonder how well do those Nate Mendel and others P-Bass signature rate, compared to the FB bass...

[quote name='Stance' timestamp='1364864947' post='2032034']
Ok...

But it would be nice if they could have backed that up with numbers...

I wonder how well do those Nate Mendel and others P-Bass signature rate, compared to the FB bass...
[/quote]

i think with the amount of 'signature' basses that Fender make, it'd be very rare for any of them to sell well. I mean they're practically all Precisions or Jazzes (or both) with nothing special about them except a name on the headstock. I never even heard of anybody buying a Steve Bailey signature 6 string Jazz!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1364865141' post='2032035']
i think with the amount of 'signature' basses that Fender make, it'd be very rare for any of them to sell well. I mean they're practically all Precisions or Jazzes (or both) with nothing special about them except a name on the headstock. I never even heard of anybody buying a Steve Bailey signature 6 string Jazz!
[/quote]

How about a 6 string Fender from the bass player in Alien Ant Farm?...

At least Bello is still playing and has been a reference in the metal scene fr the past 25 years or so...

I wonder what´s on Fender executive´s mind...

[quote name='Stance' timestamp='1364865295' post='2032036']
How about a 6 string Fender from the bass player in Alien Ant Farm?...

At least Bello is still playing and has been a reference in the metal scene fr the past 25 years or so...

I wonder what´s on Fender executive´s mind...
[/quote]

Exactly! I didn't even know it existed until it was posted here a few weeks back!

I guess that because Fender are basically the market leaders, they don't have to bother advertising. Kind of sh*tty for artists who have a signature instrument, unless they're just happy to have their name on the headstock and be associated with the brand.

[quote name='Stance' timestamp='1364865847' post='2032040']
OT- I´ve just notice that you´re located on Slash`s place of birth (at least that´s what I remember from the days of being a massive GN`R fan!)

Back to topic-now, here´s a sig bass I could buy- Duff´s P-Bass! lol
[/quote]

Yep! I've lived here for 5 years now and I can see why he didn't stick around :lol:

Duff's bass is WELL nice, but I'm more than happy with my Dave Ellefson sig Peavey. It only cost me £150 and I managed to do this with it :D

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmDMvx6WjnA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmDMvx6WjnA[/url]

[quote name='Stance' timestamp='1364866895' post='2032049']
Did you change the pickups?
[/quote]

It came with Seymour Duncan 1/4 pounders as standard! Sounds incredible. I'm going to try a hot stack in the bridge though as I get a bit of 50hz hum from it.

How many adverts were there for the Fender Bello? one? plus a lot of people thought the Squire looked better to with skull graphic, if think a few said it played better as well!

I remember Frank being an ESP boy back in the day, Good band, good live saw them a few times, always entertaining.

His new ESP doesn't look a bad bass, but haven't seen one for real as yet though.

Edited by Lynottfan

[quote name='dougal' timestamp='1364851157' post='2031838']
I thought he'd recently re-signed with them to produce this: [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_fb_4_frank_bello.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...frank_bello.htm[/url]

But now can't find any empirical evidence to support that.

Certainly I associate him with a Fender.
[/quote]

'cor! Thats nice! :gas:

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1364865580' post='2032037']
I guess that because Fender are basically the market leaders, they don't have to bother advertising. Kind of sh*tty for artists who have a signature instrument, unless they're just happy to have their name on the headstock and be associated with the brand.
[/quote]

There are too many signature models and too many artists clearly don't give a sh*t about producing anything which is actually unique or interesting. "Yeah, here's my signature guitar, its, erm, a P bass with a red scratchplate and, erm, a bad reproduction of my signature on the back". Most of them are utterly pointless and are little more than a way for Fender / the artists to get a bit of publicity/kudos.

The Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar is the way it should be done. Hearing Johnny talk about the development of it it becomes obvious that he put real time and effort into coming up with something thats distinct from the rest of Fender's offerings and is actually "his" guitar.