Why become a member? ×

D'adarrio nickel half rounds

KennysFord

I have had the same experience with both the unknown flats on my upright, and Labella flats I recently put on my Cort. It almost feels to me as though they have a thin plastic or rubber coating on them which gets grippy as my fingers cause friction?

I'm probably talkin b*****ks, but that's what it feels like.

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='208013' date='May 28 2008, 01:26 PM']I have had the same experience with both the unknown flats on my upright, and Labella flats I recently put on my Cort. It almost feels to me as though they have a thin plastic or rubber coating on them which gets grippy as my fingers cause friction?

I'm probably talkin b*****ks, but that's what it feels like.[/quote]

That's what it feels like to me too. Made a really bad mistake of changing my strings a coupla days before going into a studio a few months back. Was horrible!

Pete,

they are like that for a while. Its the sharp edges where the round wire has been ground down.

It does help if you wipe 'em down (hard) with an alcohol soaked rag before you put them on. Some D'add strings seem to have a 'packing grease' type lube on them from new which is also sticky but muckey as well....

:)

thanks guys.
i'll stick with em for a while.
they do feel very grippy though.
bob,
i gave them the wotfor with fast fret and they were slightly better.i know what you mean though,you can feel the sharp edges where they've been through the grinder.
thanks all. :)

• 1 year later...