Why become a member? ×

Late Hello

rob.mayzes

I've been a member on here for quite a while, mostly active in the market place, but never properly introduced myself!

I'm from Dartford, Kent, but I'm currently living in Gillingham studying BSc Audio Design and Production at University of Kent. I've been part of several bands since I started playing bass at the age of 13 (I think!) across various genre's. Prog-rock, alternative rock, jazz, more mainstream stuff and currently a funk-rock band that started as jazz-funk and developed from there! We also do a lot of covers so play various pubs, parties and weddings for money whilst developing originals on the side. This band can be found here, there's a couple of bad recordings that we'll be replacing soon - [url="https://www.facebook.com/defunkdmusic?fref=ts"]https://www.facebook...kdmusic?fref=ts[/url]

I'm pretty happy with my current set up, I've had a Fender MIJ 75RI for just over a year now and I'm more than happy with it. I also recently upgraded my rig to 2x Genz Benz NEOX 112, and a LMII. I love this set up, amazing sound and for smaller gigs I can just take one cab. Also have a Yamaha BB415 on the way, and I'm selling my old Ashdown rig if anyone is interested!

Cheers

[quote name='great harry' timestamp='1364396338' post='2025886']
Hi and welcome. You are just down the road from me. I live in Gravesend. I will look out for your band.
[/quote]
I grew up in Dartford, have played at The Red Lion too many times!

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1364398352' post='2025932']
Welcome Rob,

Nice gear you have, and good choice of music. prog rock is where its at!

Cheers Leen.
[/quote]

Thanks! King Crimson are my favourite.