Why become a member? ×

Greetings from north Suffolk

kristo

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Hello all![/font][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Been lurking around here for a while but now a fully-fledged bass convert I’d like to spend a bit more time in these parts. I’m 32 and from north Suffolk. I originally bought a bass when I was 16 as my dad wouldn’t let me have a drum kit, but switched almost instantly to guitar for the next 15 or so years (Noel Gallaghers fault!).[/font][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Decided to treat myself to a Gibson SG faded bass in 2011 when I qualified in my profession, after many years obsessed with Andy Fraser (well, Free in general). Was instantly hooked and have pretty much left the 6 string alone since. Sold some guitar equipment and treated myself (again [/font][font=Wingdings][font=Wingdings]J[/font][/font][font=Calibri]) to a Markbass CMD 121H combo. For the last year I’ve been getting down some lines by Free, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Black Crowes etc etc.[/font][/color][/size]
[color=#000000][font=Calibri][size=3]Earlier this year, along with my wife (drums) and a mate (guitar/Vox) we started jamming at a relative’s barn. My wife’s step-dad heard us and asked us to play at his 65[/size][sup][size=2]th[/size][/sup][size=3] birthday party. The party was 2 weeks ago and my first gig on bass. The place was packed, we did a 10 song set of bluesy covers and I had the time of my life (although initially I was bricking it!). [/size][/font][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]So now I’m hooked and looking forward to being a part of this cool place.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Cheers![/font][/color][/size]

Edited by kristo

[quote name='pikeman' timestamp='1363969774' post='2020345']
Welcome from another Suffolkate. Now you've done one gig you'll be hooked for life. I hope the band goes from strength to strength.
Steve.
[/quote]

Thanks Steve. We have a couple more potential parties lined up so hopefully all will be good.

Edited by kristo

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1363975207' post='2020467']
What a superb and bassy heartwarming story! That's very cool! Welcome aboard a superb and vibrant community of awesome people!
[/quote]

Cheers Dood. Good to know there's a teacher nearby too. ;)