Why become a member? ×

Need "Sound" Advice

Perry

I've not had a jam as a bassist before.

I'll be buying an amp with enough power to jam with but my question is...

The sound I like from practicing, what's the chances of me wanting a different sound when jamming?

At the moment I like a full sound, do you guys/girls change your sound when jamming?

Perry

You will tend to try and dial in the sound you like whether you are practicing, jamming or gigging after that it will depend on the sound the band wants to achieve and the acoustics of the room you are playing in, they will influence your sound on a regular basis

In most instances, what sounds good as a solo setup sounds crap in a mix.
Get a good sound from your rig at home when playing along to some music. Stop the music & play your bass & you'll hear a huge difference.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1363724236' post='2016661']
In most instances, what sounds good as a solo setup sounds crap in a mix.
Get a good sound from your rig at home when playing along to some music. Stop the music & play your bass & you'll hear a huge difference.[/quote][size=4][quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1363726604' post='2016724'][/size]You will want to be friendly with the midrange, and you will love something that allows you to adjust easily the midrange, to best fit in with the other instruments and find your sonic space
[/quote]

These.

Edited by discreet