Why become a member? ×

Herbie-Funk 1974

Fionn

For lovers of Herbie and the Headhunters from that most golden funktastic era, [b]check THIS out [/b]... [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puM38Xgz38w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puM38Xgz38w[/url]

That's the stuff! Thanks for posting. I love Palm Grease, and was disproportionately upset when I posted it in the Funk and Groove thread, only to be told that it didn't belong there :-0
Great video, I look forward to giving it the time it deserves tomorrow

Edited by Roland Rock

I used to have the 'Headhunters' album - will have to get it again!

I've done a bit of reading up, and it seems the same line-up made a few more records than just the iconic one I had - 'Thrust', 'Man Child' and 'Flood'.

Any love for these before I dive in? Only other Herbie I have is 'Sunlight' and 'Mr. Hands', both very good indeed - purchased because of the Jaco connection!

Of the funky headhunter-personnel albums, Thrust is my favourite - the video above is more or less Thrust with Chameleon at the end.
Man Child is superb too, with I think my favourite HH song, 'Stepping in It'. Obviously Headhunters is a classic.

I don't have Flood, but I think it's a sort of 'best of' compilation of stuff from the above three albums.

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1363886166' post='2018972']
Any love for these before I dive in?[/quote]

Absolutely!

Thrust, Headhunters, and Man-Child are the holy trinity of Herbie's albums ... imho.