Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ashdown Little Bastard 30W all-valve amp - SOLD
£370

magee

This is now sold. Thanks.

For sale is this all-valve Ashdown head in perfect condition. It has just been given a once-over and green light by the man who designed and built it, Dave Green at Ashdown.

This is one of the UK-made versions (number 25 of the 100 UK-made originals) and comes in its original box complete with certificate signed by its maker Dave Green and Ashdown boss Mark Gooday. It also comes with a set of four Brimar CV4005 NOS power valves complete with the necessary adaptors that the guy who sold it to me included as possible alternatives to the power valves in it. I haven't tried them.

It makes a gorgeous full, rich sound. It breaks up at higher gain to give great distorted tones but at lower gain gives a lovely warn thump of a sound.

This is the first all-valve head I've had and the minute I plugged in I realised what the all-valve fuss was about. I'm only selling to get a bigger valve head to do gigs with. This is loud for its size and power-rating but I just need more clean headroom than this can give to fill reasonable-sized pubs without PA support.

It has a really good DI for going into PA for more volume that comes after the power valve stage so you really get that valve tone out of it. That's not right for me because our PA is very basic and I don't want to mess with the vocals, which is all that's going through it.

Price: £350 delivered (I'm in Glasgow)

Edited by magee

A UK made LB30 for this amount? Now that is a serious bargain, for sure. They are just fabulous amps, and much louder than the 30W rating would suggest. Moving a fair bit of efficient cone, you will enjoy muchly. And the DI is a tap from the o/p transformer, so all the goodness is there for a delicate injection into your PA if really needed.

Good luck with the sale, young man.

Edited by RandomBass

• 1 month later...

[quote name='magee' timestamp='1363024761' post='2007173']
It also comes with a set of four Brimar CV4005 NOS power valves complete with the necessary adaptors that the guy who sold it to me included as possible alternatives to the power valves in it. I haven't tried them.
[/quote]

I'I miss mine so am quite tempted, but what's the deal with these Brimars? Do you have any more information about whether the previous owner used them, and why he didn't just stick with the EL84s? :unsure: