Why become a member? ×

EBS HD350

TheGreek

Just went to plug my bass into my EBS HD350 - nothing!! It was working fine yesterday - hasn't been moved or come in contact with moisture/water. Now the light on the power switch doesn't even come on!!

Checked the electrics from the power point to the amp - everything ok - No problem with fuses - checked the lead from the amp on my kettle - no problems. I've got a circuit breaker between the amp and the wall socket so assumed it wasn't this anyway.

For what is reputedly an unbreakable amp it seems like something small and silly has caused it to stop working. I looked at the manual - no mention of an on-board circuit breaker/fuse.

I can't think of anything more that I can do - anybody know what might have happened?? Am I missing something dead obvious??

The main distributor is in Letchworth - about 20 miles away - I've fired off an email to them hoping that they get back to me tomorrow but I'm planning on ringing them first thing anyway.

Any suggestions??

No idea.. I traded it with a fellow BCer late last year - it's in virtually mint condition and was working fine yesterday - Lozz196 was here on Friday and it was fine when he was playing through it. It isn't as if it's been moved/left my flat/come in contact with any moisture or water.

I've checked everything I can think of, I was hoping that it was something technical that I might have missed (being a complete technophobe/numpty) and somebody was able to say "yeh just reset the hyper-flanget knob on the back" (I know that there isn't one). I'm at a complete loss...

AIS, I'm going to ring the distributor tomorrow - bet it's something daft.

I'd suggest changing (or at least checking) the fuse in the amp - little draw under/part of the IEC (kettle lead) socket on the back of the amp holds it.

The fuse in the pug may be fine, but it doesn't mean the fuse in the amp is!

I assume you have tried a different plug socket and also plugged it in without the circuit breaker you mention (incase it's that which has died!).

Edited by pantherairsoft

Thank you...I had to take the amp out of the flight case to get to the drawer but the fuse inside had indeed blown - see I knew it was just a matter of resetting [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]hyper-flanget knob on the back..[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]​ thanks again..[/color][/font]

Hi

I've got one of these that is sick at the moment too, the fuse in the kettle lead socket (accessed via the little drawer the other guys mentioned above) pulls straight out and there should be a spare fuse actually tucked inside the little drawer. If not they are 3.15A. Can get these pretty easy appropriate electrical stores.

If you take the top off (you'll need a little allen key for one connector) then there are two more glass fuses inside, I [u]think[/u] these are 10amp. Worth checking these too.

Unfortunately, this isn't the issue with mine, it's in with Essex Amp Repairs at the moment in Witham, they say something about a 'power - capacitor' , (I may be wrong about the capacitor bit) but there is six of them and one isn't working on mine, which causes the fuse to blow every time.

Hope we are both up and running again soon!

Update: seems you solved this while I was typing, nice one.

Edited by redbandit599

just checked - not one in there - I've got some in " a safe place" somewhere in the flat - I'll have married the Queen before I find these though. Best not to look for them - they'll turn up when I'm looking for something else!!