Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky UV-70 Ultra-Vintage Jazz bass w/VTC, blocks, ramp WITHDRAWN
£1390

Mike

[b]Withdrawn from sale, thanks.[/b]

Hi all,

With regret, I'm selling my Sadowsky Metro Ultra-Vintage jazz. It is cream with tortoiseshell PG, rosewood board with blocks and binding. 2 band EQ with VTC (vintage tone control). Pickups are in 1970s spacing. I've had this bass for about 3/4 years now and it's been my number 1 four-string bass for the whole time. As well as looking beautiful, it sounds incredible and sits in the mix like nothing else I have played. I'm selling because most of my gigs require a 5 string and for the few I need a four string, I have other cheaper instruments that do the job okay- it's a lot of money to be at in an instrument.

Overall it's in great condition - some minor dings on the back of the neck, ditto back of the body and some buckle-rash (pictured). I was worried that my mobile phone was causing interference with the bass (I figured out it is only when I'm on WAP (ie. out of 3G wifi, quite rare) and when the phone is within a few inches from the bass so I brought it to the Bass Gallery where they checked the shielding and put some electrical tape over the pickup pole pieces and it seems to have rectified it. The tape (which you can barely really notice, see pic, I can provide a clearer one if necessary) also stops your finger from touching the pole pieces which cause a slight buzz. I also got the gallery to build a ramp for the bass, which has made a great difference to my playing! I will also include strap-locks with the bass.

I am based in Chelmsford, Essex (CM2) close to the M25, about 20/25mins from J28 on the M25. I am not keen to post the bass but I will do - around £45ish in the UK and about £60 to Europe with full insurance. !

[attachment=129148:Bass1.jpg][attachment=129149:Bass4.jpg][attachment=129150:Bass2.jpg][attachment=129151:Bass3.jpg]

Edited by Mike