Why become a member? ×

Fender JV Squier SOLD
£600

ash

For sale is this extremely rare first edition Fender 'Squier series' Precision bass. Unlike most JV (Japanese Vintage) Squiers it has the Fender logo in a 'spaghetti' script logo with a smaller 'Squier' logo and 'made in Japan' on the headstock. Later Squiers adopted the large 'Squier by Fender' headstock logo.

See http://www.21frets.com/ for more details.

This bass is in excellent condition with only minor wear and tear. The body is Sen Ash and has a maple neck and fret board in superb condition. As you can see the bass has a Precision pickup and an additional Seymour Duncan jazz bass pickup. The Jazz pickup was fitted before I bought the bass however routing and wiring appears to have been carried out professionally as it is to a high standard. One of the pots is a solid shaft CTS type whereas the other two look like the MIJ originals. The serial number is JV0 followed by four more digits denoting an April - July '82 manufacturing date.

The bass has been gigged over the last 30 years and has several lacquer cracks and minor dings, these are merely cosmetic and there are no structural faults. Action and balance is excellent, frets are in very good order and the neck is straight and true. The bass is around 9lbs with a good balance. All hardware works as it should and the bass has a great sound and tonal variation thanks to the extra pickup. It comes with a good quality non original case SOLD!

Edited by ash

Yep these are lovely instruments - I have two the other isn't in as good condition but is a studio mainstay. Gotta shift this though as I needed a 5 string and just got something rather nice! Thanks for the kind words :)