Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Non-Export CIJ 62 RI Jazz Bass 4 String

Josh

Hey guys,

This purely a feeler to see if I can possibly find the right bass. The Warwick/Spector bug is biting again so preferably I would like to trade for either one of those, but I'm more than happy to hold on to this bass if I don't get any offers.

I got this recently from Gazwills and it really is a great jazz. It is a limited run in which the Badass 2 came fitted as standard and along with US pickups and the finish and matching headstock. The bass was bought from Far East Guitars in early 2011.

[b][u]Pics:[/u][/b]

[b][u][/u][/b]

The colour is probably best described as aged cream white. Condition wise it's in great condition, there is a very minor ding on the headstock which can be seen above. There is no discernible fretware at all.

I've recently had the bass checked over and the neck shimmed by Waghorn Guitars in Bristol. It plays amazingly well and it sounds as good as it looks. The action is nice and low with plenty of room to go either way.

Price:

SOLD.

[u][b]Trade Bait:[/b][/u]

The trade value on this is about £600-£650. As said at the top, I'm specifically interested in Warwicks and Spectors, even more specifically:

Spector Euro 4/5 String
Warwick Thumb BO 4/5 String
Warwick Streamer Stage 1, Pro M, LX 4/5 String

I can add some money for the right deal too.

Thanks,

Josh.

Edited by Josh

Dude, you need to put a trade price on this honey of a Jazz.

What's the colour? Cream? Shell Pink? Hard to tell from the pics. What's the action on the E at the 12th?

Fret wear?

I had one of these in CAR, a really lovely bass.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1362242638' post='1997473']
Dude, you need to put a trade price on this honey of a Jazz.

What's the colour? Cream? Shell Pink? Hard to tell from the pics. What's the action on the E at the 12th?

Fret wear?

I had one of these in CAR, a really lovely bass.
[/quote]

I've amended the ad, but I wasn't aware we had to now include the height of the action.

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1362243410' post='1997490']
ooh now this is pretty. I had a ornginal 61 Jazzmaster a few years ago which looked just like this (refin headstock)

Is the finish nitro ?
[/quote]

It's just a regular gloss finish I think mate.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1366573949' post='2054375']
Have you got any friends/relatives heading north of Brum in the near future? Is there a case or gigbag with it?
[/quote]

I'm afraid not mate :/

[quote name='davebass66' timestamp='1366581573' post='2054551']
This is a beaut!.....Shame about the Badass though....Might come knocking for this if my Dingwall shifts
[/quote]

I had to get the neck shimmed because of the BA2 :/

[quote name='davebass66' timestamp='1366583138' post='2054597']
Does that mean it would be unusably low if I put a standard bbt style bridge on it?
[/quote]

The shim can easily be removed, I only had it done because the action wasn't low enough for me above the 12th fret and it's not that drastic of a shim either.

This would have gone well over a week ago. It really would be worth your while going to Halford's and getting an empty bike box, and B and Q/ Post Office for some bubble wrap. Buyers would happily pay the courier fees. I certainly would have, well over a week ago. As things are at the moment people need to put a bit of effort into selling basses.
You are making it hard for yourself by effectively cutting out 70% of the population.
Sadly I have missed out on this one and now bought something else.
GLWTS