Why become a member? ×

Fender USA Deluxe Active 2006 Jazz Bass (sunburst) - Sold Thanks for looking

Freddy

Hello!
I’m selling my 2006 Fender USA Deluxe Active Jazz Bass which is 3-tone sunburst with a rosewood fingerboard.

The bass is in excellent condition with only slight ‘play wear’ to the body (a few light marks on front and rear with a small knock on the edge of the headstock and a few marks on the tuners where the chrome has ‘pitted’ slightly), as you would expect. I have recently bought a Fender tortoise shell pick-guard from the states (it still has the plastic film on it!), but will supply the original mint green/aged white one that came with the bass.

It’s light! Weighing around 8.4 lbs, a joy on long sessions, and this is helped by great balance and Hipshot Ultralight tuners assure no neck dive. It also has a soft-heel (5-bolt) neck joint which is great for access to the top frets.

The 22 fret rosewood neck is in excellent condition and I have very recently had the frets and nut dressed professionally. This is a classic jazz neck with a fairly flat profile (approx’ 10 inch radius) and has a really comfortable modern ‘C’ shape, which makes it great to play even with small hands like mine!

The bass has also had a very recent pro set up with a really low action and it plays like butter, with no dead spots and great sustain. It also features a Posi-flex graphite-reinforced truss rod, which will be useful if you use super-heavy gauge strings.

The bass comes with the original Fender molded case (in good condition), long ‘T-bar’ Allen key, other Allen keys and drop tags.

I only bought it back in December but I have two Jazz basses already and I need a passive P-bass for the band I've just joined, so with regret, something has to go...

This is a superb bass that sounds and plays like a dream. I’m asking £750 (ono) and just trying to get back what I've spent (Or) I would be very interested in a swap/trade for a light-weight precision bass (Fender US, sort of thing...).

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Freddy

Hello mate,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm in Sheffield. You're welcome to come over and try it, mate. I'm available evenings (from 4.30 ish), weekends and Friday afternoons from midday. You can get me on 07946 591 518.

Regards

Freddy