Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Straps. Comfy ones...

Telebass

[quote name='bubinga5' post='212384' date='Jun 4 2008, 11:36 AM']This is the most comfortable strap if had.. Brooklyn Gear[/quote]

Mine is VERY similar to that one & I agree - the most comfortable strap I've ever had
(Mine is slightly narrower at the ends & has no branding/logo)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Telebass' post='204430' date='May 22 2008, 05:14 PM']Basically, it looked like a tie-ish between the Neotech and the Comfort Strapp. However, it seems the Neotech has been discontinued.[/quote]
There's [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290237111151"]a guitar-length one on ebay[/url]. Note that it's 48" to 58" long so all right for bass_ferret and his knee-level basses but 12" too long for my hip-height preference. That Overwater looks tempting - I'd like to know if they stay nicely in position and help stop neck dive as those are my main strap problems.

I know this might be a bit of a radical suggestion but have you thought about a lighter bass?

I slipped a disc in my upper back and went on a quest for something really light. Latest fave squeeze on this front is my Zon VB4. Feels like there's virtually nothing there.

Here's a pic of Michael Manring playing one:

Obviously these are as rare as a very rare thing indeed but there are obviously other very light basses out there. My Kubicki is vaguely similar, extremely light weight and easy to play on extended sessions.

As it happens I also use Comfort Strapps. I have a short and a medium and the short is really only for "home use" when I need a bit of extra balance when playing sitting down.

• 2 weeks later...