Why become a member? ×

Bass-related books (Fender/Flea/Jamerson/Rocco-Prestia/Ray Brown/Jaco). Now priced individually :)

Hi folks

All now priced individually, all prices include First Class postage. More booksCDs to follow as I find them!

[s]Standing in the Shadows of Motown & 2CDs (Jamerson) 15£[/s] SOLD
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits & CD £10
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californication £7.50
Red Hot Chili Peppers: By The Way £7.50
Red Hot Chili Peppers: One hot Minute £7.50
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magik £7.50
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium & 2 CDs £15
Sitting in with Rocco Prestia & CD. £10.00
[s]Jump 'n Blues Bass & CD. Keith Rosier. £7.50[/s]​ SOLD
[s]Fretless Bass. David Gross/Fretless Bass & CD. Chris Kringel £10 pair[/s]​ SOLD
Bunny Brunel's Power Bass soloing secrets & CD £10.00
[s]The Essential Jaco Pastorius £7.50[/s]​ SOLD
[s]Haynes Fender Bass Manual £10[/s]​ SOLD
The Fender Bass Illustrated History £12.50
[s]The Fender Bass (Blasquiz aka the Fender Bass Bible[/s] £10.00 SOLD
Ray Brown's Bass Method £10.00
[s]Improver's Bass Method (Chuck Sher[/s]) £10.00 SOLD

[attachment=130822:DSCN1478.JPG]

[attachment=130823:DSCN1479.JPG]

C

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Jebo1' timestamp='1361218515' post='1983063']
We're all going the same way. My dream of a practice room has a wedding dress, sewing machine and 'shabby chic' dresser in it.

Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

Tell me about it Lawrie, all the best with yours

[quote name='AndThenSome1' timestamp='1361228068' post='1983307']
I'm looking for some monitors, if you've any to list PM me!
[/quote]

I'm keeping the monitors I'm afraid

[quote name='JakeFoordBass' timestamp='1361622611' post='1988387']
Don't fancy a 1978 Fender Musicmaster for the desk do you???? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I'd certainly take some trades for the desk but I'm not really after a short scale bass to be honest (although in the small amount of studio space I have left a shorty's probably not such a bad shout really so I might give it some more thought). What am certainly after at the moment is a smaller (perhaps 4 track) interface and a decent 12-string electro acoustic, Taylor or similar.

Cheers

C

[quote name='johnbiffa' timestamp='1361631445' post='1988548']
Did you get the J200 for the project?
[/quote]

Hi John, how are the Rics doing? Yes, bought it a month or so back and loving every second of playing it. I got a mid '90's 50's Reissue and it is an extremely well built and toneful instrument. It's staying as the studio acoustic, alongside the Jap Precision, 70's Strat and Ovation Mandolin.

PM on its way re 'other things......' :)

C

Have a think man! I can throw in my M-Box 2 Mini and a Pro Tools 7.3 license into the deal (plus some cash too) if that'll sway you! May only be 2 channels but it's done me for the last 4 years happily! Plus the Musicmaster is a beauty! Wouldn't be getting rid unless I was in desperate need of studio gear for the ADR suite at the Film studio I've been building with a mate (www.liverpoolstudios.co.uk)!!!

Having promised to list a lot of gear, I haven't really got this thread going have I! I hope to list more gear and add pics at the weekend.

I've now sorted a nice Guild 12-string so not looking for that any more so probably cash only for the desk, or at a long shot a decent EUB.

C

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1362151720' post='1996515']
Damn. Missed the Heil :(
[/quote]

Sorry mate! [quote name='JakeFoordBass' timestamp='1361679812' post='1989225']
Have a think man! I can throw in my M-Box 2 Mini and a Pro Tools 7.3 license into the deal (plus some cash too) if that'll sway you! May only be 2 channels but it's done me for the last 4 years happily! Plus the Musicmaster is a beauty! Wouldn't be getting rid unless I was in desperate need of studio gear for the ADR suite at the Film studio I've been building with a mate (www.liverpoolstudios.co.uk)!!!
[/quote]

Jake, you have a PM

Headphone amp seems to be attracting a bizarre amount of interest! It's on hold for Tom at present but I'll get back to others if it doesn't meet his requirements (I'll post details of all the gear this evening)
Cheers
Chris

I was going to say the rack power unit would be ideal but then I'm sure most of the gear in my rack doesn't use kettle leads but their own power jack adapters with trannies/wall warts - will have a check tonight!

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1362669995' post='2003114']
I'm glad that desk suited you well. You're really going to miss it when it's gone!

I just wish I had the funds for it. They just FEEL so nice while you're using them
[/quote]

It did charic, but to be honest, despite that fact that I love owning it and using it, it's simply too big for the space I have at present. I will of course regret selling it, but it was great to get to understand how a good desk works and to do some - to my ears - great recording with it. It is a very nice desk to use, and I loved mixing down on it, there's something special about those slight changes on the slider making such magical changes to the mix, so much more so than moving a graphic on a screen with a mouse :rolleyes:

[quote name='untune' timestamp='1362676618' post='2003255']
I was going to say the rack power unit would be ideal but then I'm sure most of the gear in my rack doesn't use kettle leads but their own power jack adapters with trannies/wall warts - will have a check tonight!
[/quote]

Probably not what you need mate, although it's an amazing space saver if al your gear is kettle lead powered

[quote name='supabock' timestamp='1362691436' post='2003553']
PM'd
[/quote]

Replied Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the above now sold on ebay (why does stuff that doesn't sell here go so quickly there these days....?). Just a few books (£100 for the lot), mics and a cheap but nice enough pre/power amp to go
C

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...