Why become a member? ×

Hi from rural Bedfordshire

Lasermonkey

Hi, I'm not entirely sure how it has taken me so long to find this place! I'm not solely a bass player , but I play bass in one band and everything else in another. I ended up playing bass n my own material as I could never find anyone else to do it! I think this was a blessing in disguise, as I find it an immensely satisfying instrument to play.
I have a '73 Rickenbacker 4001 (bought from the Drum and Guitar Centre in Cambridge, 1990 for £299!) , a '74 Fender Precision, a Squier Precision Special I bought from Cash Converters for £29 and tarted up, a 60s Egmond Kansas 1EB1, and Indie electro acoustic and my most recent acquisition, a Fender Pawnshop VI, which I am bonding with extremely well. Plus a whole load of guitars....
At the moment I'm still using my Orange Crush 35B which is *just* coping with the drummer's new kit. I'm definitely on the lookout for something with more heft! I'm also using a load of self-built pedals, including a clone of the Catalinbread SFT (which I love), a clone of the D*A*M Meathead Deluxe dark Silicon fuzz, an opto-limiter and a Musicman Stingray 2-band eq in a box, which works nicely with the Squier.
Cheers,
Mark.