Why become a member? ×

SOLD

captain black

Hi,
I've hummed and hah'd about this and decided that's its now time for me to part company with my Spector. It's a beautiful bass which is a dream to play, especially for a 5 string. My tastes, I'm afraid, are for a more passive tone. I loved it so much I replaced the tone pump with a Warwick preamp (corvette) and replaced the 40DC pickups with a 40P5 and a 40j. Sounds great but I need a more traditional tone to be happy if I'm honest. I'll include the old tonepump (no trim pot) and a 40dc with the sale in case that's more to your liking. Looking for £650

Collection from Newcastle preferred. Don't think I've even got any hard cases left to post in, sorry.
Pics to follow when I get home and manage to prize my son away from the pc.
Joe

Edited by captain black

very nice - I'm the opposite to you - love active sounds (a Thumb man really!) and I have an active Jazz fiver that I have for sale that you may like...
Newcastle may be a bit too far to check it out though..
it's here anyway:
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/198541-fender-jazz-dlx-five-string-bass-usa-made-soundclips-added/

[quote name='Jellyfish' timestamp='1361547307' post='1987364']
Lovely bass, what is the top made out of?
[/quote]
Its an alder core with a top and back of ash. The colour is crimsonburst & I believe one of the reason its darker at the edges is to hide the join.

[quote name='Jellyfish' timestamp='1361547307' post='1987364']
Lovely bass, what is the top made out of?
[/quote]
[quote name='MikeBass' timestamp='1361559389' post='1987663']
Its an alder core with a top and back of ash. The colour is crimsonburst & I believe one of the reason its darker at the edges is to hide the join.
[/quote]

I think Jelly could equally be asking the OP. :D

In which case it is flame/quilt maple. ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1361563016' post='1987750']
I think Jelly could equally be asking the OP. :D

In which case it is flame/quilt maple. ;)
[/quote]

oops!!
that's what you get for reading and replying on a phone!! :lol:
lovely finish on the Spector and have a mistaken identity bump on me!

Bu................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................mp