Why become a member? ×

Feeler: Marleaux Constat 5 Fretless Edition

bassjamm

Hi guys,

Just thought i'd see if there's any interest for my fretless Marleaux...i love it, but i don't play it all that much at the moment and i've seen some tasty basses that i fancy...however i may withdraw this!

I bought it new about a year ago...i'd be looking for £1295.

Bartolini pickups, marleaux 3 band eq, passive/active switch, lined fingerboard, excellent condition.

[attachment=8874:Bodyshot_original.jpg]

Thanks
Jamie

Edited by bassjamm

Bump for a great bass (and a great seller). When I bought a Smith off bassjamm last summer (lovely bass, no longer mine) I got to try and listen to this beauty. I had previously found clips of Marleaux basses to be quite unrefined and nasal, but this bass really turned around my view on them. It can be refined, but it can grunt with the best of them too. Good price too!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ped' post='203971' date='May 21 2008, 11:13 PM']Have you gone stark raving mad my boy??[/quote]

Sorry to derail the thread a bit... but I gotta say, Ped, your Marleaux's sound bloomin' lovely on your vids!! - bump for an undoubtedly great sounding instrument!!

The vid in my signature? Thats my Vigiers son. Thanks though ;0) The fretted has Marleaux electronics (3 band eq and pups) so maybe that is where you got your head in a muddle. Or your dreadlocks are growin inwards!

I concur however that marleaux make superb instruments. Top of ze pile!

ped

[quote name='ped' post='212828' date='Jun 4 2008, 11:07 PM']The vid in my signature? Thats my Vigiers son. Thanks though ;0) The fretted has Marleaux electronics (3 band eq and pups) so maybe that is where you got your head in a muddle. Or your dreadlocks are growin inwards!

I concur however that marleaux make superb instruments. Top of ze pile!

ped[/quote]

Oh dear! I was a bit of a numbnuts!!!

I won't trade or sell the consat 'fretless edition' for anything in the world..
An old Fender ? Worth thousands, but they sound like a 500 pound bass. Your Marleaux sounds and plays 100 times better !

I know, because i own 3 Marleaux consat custom 5strings beasts.
I know, because i had about 50 different (some where very expensive) basses throughout the years.

Still looking for more Marleaux basses to add in my collection, they are the best basses in the world !
..especially the fretless ones.. !!!!
Here is a nice article to read about it for you guys that are not so familiar with it = [url="http://www.doctorbass.net/en/producto.asp?id=1000170583&idfam=1000167721"]http://www.doctorbass.net/en/producto.asp?...dfam=1000167721[/url]

I have a 5 string fretless edition (the one that is pictured on the marleaux website in the background downloads section), so i'll skip this one ! But please, you'll regret it..... DON'T SELL !!!! :)

greetings from Belgium,
Dave

• 1 month later...