Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm going to get down on this bad boy

Happy Jack

[quote name='Mcgiver69' timestamp='1361014077' post='1979731']
I agree with you in most of what you say but look at the video below, that's not what I would call professionally produced by any means. The difference is that Ed really goes the whole mile in showcasing the instrument and giving you a real taste of it's sonic capabilities.
[media]www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvpj2ovc4dk[/media]
[/quote]

That just shows what you can do with a bit of editing and a script. Warwick would do well to take note.

The only issue I have with Ed Friedland is that he tends to make all the basses he demos sound somewhat the same. Obviously Ed has a particular tone that he favours, but having seen his demo of the Lightwave bass, I'm not entirely convinced that these types of reviews work. I have the same model of Lightwave bass and when I play, it sounds nothing like Ed's demo.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1361034745' post='1980151']
I prefer this style of demo. There's a bit of silly jargon, but it's more useful IMHO
[/quote]

+1

That's probably the first product demo I've ever watched all the way through - they usually just seem to lose the message that it's about the instrument and become more of a platform for the person demoing it and often somewhat genre specific.