Why become a member? ×

Overwater Jazz custom 5 string

haimesy

Hi....Got an Overwater Jazz 5 string custom classic.I saw a Zon i thought might have a trade but it appears to have vanished...I am not sure on price i paid nearly £2000 new maybe in the region of £1100 but open to sensible offers...Happy to give more info if req cheers all ......Haimesy.
Ps ...The bass has a bit of buckle rash & a little home repair on edge of body under jack socket ...Cheers Haimesy

Edited by haimesy

[quote name='haimesy' post='203799' date='May 21 2008, 06:11 PM']Hi....Got an Overwater Jazz 5 string custom classic.I saw a Zon i thought might have a trade but it appears to have vanished...I am not sure on price i paid nearly £2000 new maybe in the region of £1100 but open to sensible offers...Happy to give more info if req cheers all ......Haimesy[/quote]
The Zon's just re-appeared and just when i was starting to get the hang of computers.....ooooops

[quote name='TimmyC' post='203978' date='May 21 2008, 11:26 PM']Could you give some more info on scale length, string spacing and neck dinmensions?

Cheers[/quote]

..also pickups and preamp?
Pretty bass you have there.

[quote name='chardbass' post='204255' date='May 22 2008, 01:18 PM']..also pickups and preamp?
Pretty bass you have there.[/quote]
Hi......I have been playing bass for at least 20 years and still have limited knowledge of the technical side but i will do my best.
P ups....Overwaters own J style.
John East pre amp i think i have never looked but i will try and find out.
Neck....measures 34'' from bottom to top of headstock.
String spacing...10mm hope that sounds about right.
I jump from 4/5/6 string basses and never really thought about the spacing.
Sorry i should really know more at my age....Cheer Haimesy

[quote name='bass-a-licious' post='204450' date='May 22 2008, 05:49 PM']I assume you mean 19 mm :)

Nice bass by the way! I used to own a Fender Classic Custom JB5 in the same lovely colour.[/quote]
Hi ...You might be right i don't know where to measure from just took a punt.

The coulor is moonstone blue courtesy of Peugot i kept seeing the car colour and overwater did me a match.Cheers H

Edited by haimesy

[quote name='haimesy' post='204536' date='May 22 2008, 08:32 PM']Hi ...You might be right i don't know where to measure from just took a punt.

The coulor is moonstone blue courtesy of Peugot i kept seeing the car colour and overwater did me a match.Cheers H[/quote]

Haimsey - Don't sell it!! If I. had the dosh I'd take it off your hands. Have a bump from me...

Cheers,
louisthebass.

The scale length should be 35" (nut to saddle btw), Hipshot style B bridge and UL machineheads , Kent Armstrong PU's from the picture. The pre doesn't look like one of John's (although I could be wrong)

Great bass :)

Stu

[quote name='BassManKev' post='204671' date='May 22 2008, 11:36 PM']10mm string spacing, now thats tight :)[/quote]
I did warn you all i have no idea about the technical side of bass i believe the spacing is 19mm . Any help received with thanks,sarcasm might get a chuckle...cheers H