Why become a member? ×

Zoot Performer

allighatt0r

I managed to get to the Bass Gallery in London on Saturday, and, although i only managed to get my hands on one rumble plank (it's hard when you're brothers going into a shop and wanting to play the bass, the shop owner seems to be confused when you both want to try things) But nevertheless, it really impressed me.

It was one of these:

I knew I had seen it before, it was sort of previewed in the Jan/Feb Bass Guitar magazine, where most of the info (as far as i can tell) was just copied and pasted from the Zoot myspace...

Anyway, what i'm getting at is has anyone else tried one of these, who else are selling them, and is the £450 he quoted a good price? (i saw over his shoulder on the computers price list the numbers 350 and 500, so i'm guessing that's the price range he's allowed to sell at...) Is it worth trying to make a trip to the Zoot headquarters in essex? or is it just a sort of factory, not a visitors place? :)

Zoot / Bass Merchant is always worth a visit.
You're not [i]that[/i] far away.

At £450, If you liked the Performer, then why not go for it.

Mike and Darren don't normally have that many S/H Zoot instruments around.
Last time I went there were a total of 3.

A Funkmeister V for about £2200
A couple of Chaser / Performers for about £700 - £900

They DO have other brands in stock new, plus I've seen S/H Warwicks, Ibanez, Conklin, Fender etc. etc.

Don't get talking to Mike or you'll end up taking out a second mortgage for some custom beauty or another!!! :)