Why become a member? ×

Dog is in the pound

dogbrothel

They're awesome basses, it sounded the business & blew me away, just seemed slightly out of place, but then I guess when Les Paul created the Les Paul he didn't invision Zakk Wylde playing it with EMG's through a Marshall wall of sound, so I shouldn't just limit the Fender Jazz, to Jazz & Funk, definitely looks classier than Dave Mustaine's Dean Flying V's.

[quote name='LLOYDWT' post='203273' date='May 20 2008, 09:29 PM']They're awesome basses, it sounded the business & blew me away, just seemed slightly out of place, but then I guess when Les Paul created the Les Paul he didn't invision Zakk Wylde playing it with EMG's through a Marshall wall of sound, so I shouldn't just limit the Fender Jazz, to Jazz & Funk, definitely looks classier than Dave Mustaine's Dean Flying V's.[/quote]
You cant go wrong with a Les Paul/Marshall combo.......Or a Marcus Miller and an SVT!!!!

[quote name='ped' post='203225' date='May 20 2008, 08:27 PM']Yeah I love 'em too... Quite surprised that Vinnie Colaiuta drummed on The System.[/quote]

...and the god that is Dan Huff produced them as well.

Good to see another Jackson player on here :)

[quote name='shaundixon666' post='204024' date='May 22 2008, 12:59 AM']Welcome dog! Hows that jackson play? Have seen a few jackson basses in the past but never actually played one. Anyways welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.

Megadeth!!![/quote]

The Jackson has been the mainstay bass..... used BC Rich, Ibanez, Washburn, Peavey.......but its the Jackson I always come back to...... It isnt the most techno/powerful/exotic bass.....but it hold down the chops nicely, fast neck and good tone, its better now than it was five years ago!!!!!