Why become a member? ×

Band Diary Iphone App....Very very good

KennysFord

Heads Up Folks,
We've just discovered this very nifty little app for ios called Band Diary
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/banddiary/id470255352?mt=8

It's a fantastic little app that everyone in the band can use and it's 69p.
Everyone can put your N/A dates on it so no more frantic phone calls outside the pub or whatever. Use it to schedule gigs, rehearsals, add Youtube links to songs then you're all learning the right versions and fans can access your dates too, we havn't got any so I've not figured that bit out yet but......

Check it out, it's a real labour saver.
B)

We've used a free Google GMail Calendar for years, setup an account and then everyone creates a new diary on their phone pointing to it. Works for both iphone & Android smartphones and can also be accessed on a PC. If you want to get smart you can use the GMail calendar feed to display on your band website showing available dates & the likes.

Hi Lee,
Agreed, we've been using the same for a year or so now but this is so much easier to use, instant emails automatically sent once the admin puts a prospective date up, there's a few other things as well like adding fans (if you have any...see above :lol: ) to you're gig diary.
It's a bit more "Band" oriented than Google Calendar and does very well what it's designed to do......I think.
B)

I set up a gmail calendar to do this for my band.

It's a great idea but falls down when no-one else either reads or updates it - to the point where we once turned up for rehearsals to eventually find out that the keys player was in Tallin!

I do like the look of the app, though, and I might just use it myself anyway. Good spot!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1360141243' post='1965318']
Heads Up Folks,
We've just discovered this very nifty little app for ios called Band Diary
[url="https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/banddiary/id470255352?mt=8"]https://itunes.apple...d470255352?mt=8[/url]

It's a fantastic little app that everyone in the band can use and it's 69p.
Everyone can put your N/A dates on it so no more frantic phone calls outside the pub or whatever. Use it to schedule gigs, rehearsals, add Youtube links to songs then you're all learning the right versions and fans can access your dates too, we havn't got any so I've not figured that bit out yet but......

Check it out, it's a real labour saver.
B)
[/quote]

me likey

but do they have a blackberry version for the 'apple nonconformist' band members? ;)

[quote name='garythebass' timestamp='1360164742' post='1965959']
I set up a gmail calendar to do this for my band.

It's a great idea but falls down when no-one else either reads or updates it
[/quote]

+4 (one for each of the other band members)

If you use google calendar (as I do) it's not bad, but the singer has to cross reference this with his wife's paper kitchen calendar which isn't something he can be bothered to do on a regular basis.