Why become a member? ×

The Naughty Step !

ubassman

Just wondering if anyone has got any stories where they should be sent to the naught step for?

I had a friend who wanted me to take delivery of a new Tommy Emmanuel acoustic guitar. For him, it was one of those ' I will be hung up by the privates if my girlfriend finds out' situations as he was already the custodian of about a dozen guitars and this one was a big £2k investment. Well of course as 'brothers in arms' I agreed and about a week later a shiny new courier van pulled up with the prized instrument. He asked me to open it and check all was ok. It was in a solid case and so was absolutely in perfect condition. I left the case open with its pink velveteen lining . A couple of hours I returned and realised that I should shut the lid pronto as the cat had taken a shining to luxuriating in the velvet.

Anyhow, a week or so later Greg called round for his guitar and his face changed from eager anticipation to horror when he opened up the case. The stench of cat pee was over powering and the top of the guitar had warped ! ... only a bit but enough for him to send the whole thing back to the supplier ( who shall be nameless - but absolutely brilliant customer service !!). He got a brand new replacement guitar and to this day his girlfriend hasn't noticed that he has a bakers dozen ! I guess its not so bad being on the naughty step if you've got a mate there with you! :drinks:

( I hasten to add - sending it back wasn't my idea and the cat was willing to pay at least for a new case and a repair !)

Edited by ubassman

That's bad and immediately traceable. I can't imagine that factory involved have had many warped guitars returned smelling of cat pee and will be able to trace the instrument back to Derbyshire and will now sue. Nailed!

I learned not the lie to my wife a long time ago. As a Probation Officer herself, she is trained to recognise bullshit when she hears it.

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1359678394' post='1958865']

( I hasten to add - sending it back wasn't my idea and the cat was willing to pay at least for a new case and a repair !)
[/quote]

Ah, but did the cat transgress by day or by night?

A very sensible early medieval Irish law says that the owner of a cat is only responsible for damage inflicted by said cat if the crime occurred during the hours of daylight. At night the cat is going about its lawful business and is immune from prosecution. By day, the owner is responsible for any damage inflicted. :)

I once sent a text to my mate saying :

[i]Aye up fella, I've bought a Bass and told H that you advised me that it's a bargain & I'd be daft to miss it, so if she asks any questions it was cheap. cheers mate thanks for getting my back ......bye! [/i]

His response:
[i]Yeh mate no worries but if Jane asks you have let me borrow a multi effects pedal on long term loan. [/i]

I think all men fear their ladies especially when it comes to buying stuff that we apparently "Need" :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1361281180' post='1983799']
Well, mrstheelvy said when we go married that I didn't have enough space for another guitar. So I didn't buy one. However, I did buy a guitar body...then a guitar neck... then a guitar bridge... then some tuners...then some pickups....
[/quote]
Ahhhh sneaky !
I like the cut of your jibb :D

Edited by fumps

• 2 weeks later...