Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Status Shark 5 ***SOLD***

mattbass6

I bought this bass just before the New Year. At the time I was looking for an active 5 string, 24 fret bass and this fitted the bill perfectly. I have had the bass professionally set up as it needed it. The electronics have been checked, the neck cleaned and frets polished plus a brand new set of D'Addario ProSteel EPS 1705 strings put on. It is in fantastic condition and the action is just perfect, not too low and not too high. The bass is literally mind blowingly amazing with the preamp (it has a replacement Status Hyperactive pickup added) on board and so versatile. Plus it comes with the original Status gig bag too. Here's a quick break down of the tech aspect of the bass for you -

Status Shark 5 in black
Made in England
Chrome hardware
Seymour Duncan STC-3M3 preamp
24 fret
34" scale length
18mm string spacing
5kg
Original gig bag

So, why am I selling? Easy, I love / prefer a 21 / 22 fret Precision style, passive bass with 19mm string spacing. It's that simple. I have sat with with the Shark and played it thoroughly but I just keep going back to my Mike Lull PJ5 all the time as I feel far more at home with it. I don't want this Status just sitting around doing nothing so I think it's best to find it a new home immediately. I paid £375.00 for this and spent £50.00 on a set up and £20.00 on a new set of strings. I would therefore, ideally, like to recoup my money so I'm selling it for the original £375.00 plus P&P and I'll take the hit on the setup costs and strings as it would have to be done regardless. Also, if you have a P-style 21 / 22 fret, 5 string bass with 19mm string spacing that you may want to trade with me, then get in touch. If someone wants this and doesn't want it delivered, then I am prepared to meet in a 50 mile radius of Cardiff and of course, you are more than welcome to try the bass at a time that is convenient for us both to meet.

Well, I think that is it for now. If you have any questions, just get in touch and I'll be happy to help in any way I can. Thanks for reading and take care. Pictures attached.

Cheers,

Matt :)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Seymour Duncan tech info :[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Seymour Duncan STC-3M3 for Ernie Ball/Music Man® [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]bass[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] guitars with 3 control knobs. For years the [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bass[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]lines Custom Shop® has been installing preamps in Music Man® [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]bass[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]es. Over time the design was perfected and is now available to everyone. The lows are deep, clear, and tight. The mids range from ultra smooth to punchy and all points in between. The treble control can produce a very wide and useable response that is brilliant but not brittle. Pulling up on the volume knob engages the Slap Switch®, a special EQ contour made for slap playing. All of this is available in a quiet on board package.[/font][/color]

Edited by mattbass6

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1359648898' post='1958221']
I used to have the 4 string version of this, years ago. I really wish I hadn't sold it! :(
These are excellent basses, and very underrated.
[/quote]
+1

I had the five string version and it was a very good bass.. This one looks excellent - especially with the upgrades!