Why become a member? ×

Crate B200H

thunderider

The Crate BX200 is a solid-state bass amp head rated at 200W @ 4 ohms.
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]7-band graphic EQ, send/return, line out, low boost, high boost, Pre-shape[/size][/font][/color][size=4].[/size]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Last one sold on eBay went for 31 dollars.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Crate's reputation for quality and reliability is 'variable'. :)[/size][/font][/color] Edited by discreet

I have the combo version of this at the practice room - the amp section at the top being exactly the same as the above. I can quite honestly say it is the worst amp that I have ever had the misfortune to use. However, it cost me £20 delivered, and the Peavey Combo that cost £50 is easily 3 or 4 times better. So now the Crate is used by the keyboard player.

One quality it has in particular is that although the sound is dull, it can produce an amazing amount of treble for a single tweeterless 15" driver in the form of hiss. Turning it on takes me back to a time when I was constantly told to be quiet by teachers in school. "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" if you listen carefully you can hear the bass...

In summary, I think they are the most accurately named amplifiers you will ever find.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1359568320' post='1956828']
...I think they are the most accurately named amplifiers you will ever find.
[/quote][size=4][quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1359568824' post='1956838'][/size]...Like giving a bass the brand name 'Plank'
[/quote]

:lol:[size=4] I think I see a pattern emerging.[/size]

[size=4]Edit: @brensabre79 - I was going to say I find your profile pic disturbing, but I'm not really in a position to criticise it.[/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1359568320' post='1956828']
I have the combo version of this at the practice room - the amp section at the top being exactly the same as the above. I can quite honestly say it is the worst amp that I have ever had the misfortune to use.
[/quote]

I've not used the bass stuff, but I did own a guitar combo for a while many years ago - but only because I won it in a competition! It was truly awful.

Edited by barkin

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1359570234' post='1956855']

[size=4][size=4]Edit: @brensabre79 - I was going to say I find your profile pic disturbing, but I'm not really in a position to criticise it.[/size]
[/quote]

Yeah it is a bit, but yours freaks me out!! Its like that Godley and Creme video from the 80s played superfast underwater!

@thunderider: Step away from the Crate... Its the American Laney of bass amps, if not worse (I used to have a Laney too)

• 3 weeks later...

I have only ever used a guitar combo , it was something like gtx 65 maybe? I loved it.
It was amazing sounding, exactly the sounds i wanted to get .
Sold it to my guitarist because he used it all the time and he still uses it bought it 2005.
Still going strong.
I know they are meant to be sh*t in general but i got a good one somehow.

Edited by Elvis Valentine