Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Going to Live in The Netherlands

Geddys nose

Lovely Overwater Artisan from I guess the Late '80's in great condition for its age, It looks like it has a P/U missing but it's been designed to make it easier to slap (Never seen another like it) Its a Mahogany body with a Flamed maple cap and through neck design 35' scale, 3 band EQ and a low fast action. Plays and sounds great and its one of them basses that makes you play better than you are (Might be just me!) Comes with a Warwick Deluxe Gig bag.

I'm not interested in any trades but I'm pricing it to sell at £750, I'm based 20 miles North of Manchester.

Cheers Si

Edited by Geddys nose

• 3 months later...

What a beauty! I saw another Artisan with the same recess in the body yesterday, so it must have been a standard feature.

Were I not saving for a custom Overwater at the moment, I'd be seriously interested in this one. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the nice comments, I've been playing this a bit recently at home but I'm trying to get down to 2 basses so its still available, Interesting about the

other Artisan having the recess, I've only seen the Originals shapes but would love to see another Artisan just to compare them.

Finally found the video featuring the identical Artisan I mentioned -- and some awesome playing from Rick Kemp:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0FdpCC9Hprk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0FdpCC9Hprk[/url]

I think you'll all agree that the bass sounds fantastic.

[quote name='Geddys nose' timestamp='1369740316' post='2092108']
Thanks for the nice comments, I've been playing this a bit recently at home but I'm trying to get down to 2 basses so its still available, Interesting about the

other Artisan having the recess, I've only seen the Originals shapes but would love to see another Artisan just to compare them.
[/quote][quote name='Geddys nose' timestamp='1369740316' post='2092108']

[/quote]

You're welcome. Chris May had mentioned Rick Kemp to me several times over the past year or so, so I finally got round to checking his playing out. I love what he does here -- really unusual, with a lovely tone. Whoever buys your bass will be a lucky individual.