Why become a member? ×

Just to say hello

littlethoughts

Hi there, I normally loiter round the music radar forums (same username) but it doesn't really live up to my bass needs so I thought I'd start to contribute on here!

I play bass in the band Actual Bird (Actualbird.com, soundcloud facebook etc) when I'm not busy with the day job.

My rig is relatively cheap and cheerful but I have definite upgrade plans. Currently I use a Squier standard P-bass special through a Line6 ld150 but I recently picked up a tc electronic bass head and am in the market for cabs!

I'm also interested in s/h gear so hopefully the classifieds on here are a bit busier than the bass section on MR...

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1359546393' post='1956303']
Nothing wrong with an LD150 if it's set up right, i've been gigging one for years, except that it's usually too quiet. You'll find plenty in the way of cabs, knowledge, and general obscurity on here, and many things to empty your bank account.

Liam
[/quote]

Sounds good to me! Oh don't get me wrong it does the job, but whenever I use something with a bit more grunt I normally notice/enjoy the difference.

Welcome, sir. Before you plunk the money down, come here and ask questions.
You will receive excellent advice from theese fine folk and will not a find too many gear snobs here.

I, myself, play a Yamaha BB5N I paid $100.00 (US) for and an Acoustic B200H with (2) B115 cabs in which I invested a whole $300.00.
No one has uttered a dispariging word about it except they cannot get Acoustic in the UK any longer.

I did just order an Acoustic B410 cab for $150.00 but it is on backorder until 3/27!!!
The good news is my GK BL600 came in and is ready to be picked up. Bought it used for $150.00 also.
I am Scots-Irish/Presbyterian and tighter than bark on a tree.

Hey Littlethoughts,

Welcome to a good place for fulfilling that. You'll find prices are terribly low right now, so keep your wallet ready.
In addition, and as I keep hammering on, rolled oats and milk are the solution to every money problem, so you have no excuses.

Enjoy!

best,
bert