Why become a member? ×

Giving up, selling up!

paul j h

i love playing along to cd's ! although my daughter tells me that its not a cd on youtube but an mp3 >.<
haven't played in a band for ... about 17 years and why the hell would i ? i dont have the time or the patience to put up with singers etc, i put the song on and play !
but if you want to quit and sell up do so, but you will always fancy a noodle on a bass in the future so keep your fave ! you may regret it

[quote name='paul j h' timestamp='1359389774' post='1954006']
Hi All,

As the title says i'm going to jack it all in and sell all my stuff and buy an acoustic. So watch the for sale fora for some bargains, selling both my Roscoes, SWR amp, cases, double gig bag strap locks etc. Regards Paul.
[/quote]
[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1359406009' post='1954358']
The OP hadn't intended it to be a classified ad. He was just posting that he's had enough and wants to move on to something else. Fair enough if he gets nothing out of playing bass any more. Sounds like he's thought it all through to me.
[/quote]

The OP is a flyer for a sale really, I can see that now. But most of us blokes always jump in to try to find a solution to a perceived problem, it's our nature. I bet we have all done this numerous times with our partners. I believe they find it very annoying :D So to paul j h, sorry darllin', I should have realised you'd made a decision and you were just telling me about it :)

Edited by silddx

I feel pretty much the same if the band I 'm in is falling apart at the seams , or I become victim of a band re- shuffle .
Pack down the basses , £1600 is a great budget , so immerse yourself in acoustic loveliness .
I'm sure the urge to play bass will return , once it's in the blood ,it stays with you .

Edited by martin8708

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1359406561' post='1954366']
But most of us blokes always jump in to try to find a solution to a perceived problem, it's our nature. I bet we have all done this numerous times with our partners. I believe they find it very annoying :D
[/quote]

Very true. One thing learned early on from Mrs E - they don't want answers, they want you to listen, understand and share their pain. Unless it involves computers, apparently. :lol:

So , to the OP - sorry you feel you have reached the end of the line with the bass, but if changing instrument keeps your love of playing music alive, it's all good.